• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Central Florida

MMWalton1119

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I see people skiing on the river but I wouldn't do it. Only time I jump in that water is when I'm in the Glenn. They are always pulling out huge gators from the river and Lake George. I'll jump in the ocean all day but unless I absolutely have to I won't jump in the St. Johns.
The Glenn is pretty nice and tamer than previous years. Yeah it gets packed but get there before 10am on a weekend and you should have no problem finding a spot. Just don't go during a holiday weekend.
I have been to Salt Springs in January Canoeing but not the boat. There were tons of manatees in there at the time. Been up the river from Deland through to Palatka. Did that run on a pair of Seadoos. We got a hotel on the water in Palatka but now I want to do that trip on the boat. Now that I have the boat I am doing more salt water but we do the Glenn about once a month. Love Black Water Inn by Astor for food after hanging at the Glenn all day.
Best bet for watersports is to find a lake that people know that is used a lot because any body of water here in Florida is going to have gators... just find the one with the smaller and skidish ones. We have a couple here in town that we do just that but you get bored quick going in circles all day.
Next time you're heading out give me a shout. We're heading to Sarasota for the weekend and got a hotel with a boat slip so we hit a lot of great places all around.
Enjoy your new ride!!!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lake George ain't too bad overall for gators compared to any other place. Now Orange Lake up near Lochloosa is covered up! Last time I was there I was really surprised at the numbers. Not many big ones but lots and lots of 7-9 footers.

Silver Glen is our go to spring for sure, not fond of Salt Springs but the ride to it is nice. When I had my airboats there was a spot in Juniper Run just downstream from the bridge that was THE place to hang. Great crew there every weekend. But I doubt a jet boat's making up there unless the water is HIGH and then it ain't really worth it.