• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Minnesota, soon to be Orlando

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Thor
Welcome to Orlando Thor, I live on the westside of Orlando.
I just purchase a 242 limited S a few days ago. This is my 3rd boat.
I wouldnt pay for a marina in Orlando, I dry store my boat and trailer it. Covered storage in my area is about $150. A month
There are 3 popular hang out lakes in Orlando
Lake butler chain of lakes / my favorite in our area
Conway chains of lakes
Silver glen springs / is about 45 to an hour away, crystal clear springs

Like @john94si says St pete and clear water is a completely different animal of fun if you decide to do salt water.
By far the my favorite is St pete and Clearwater area which is about 1 1/2 from Orlando. Tons of little islands you can beach at, bars and restaurant you can pull up to with the boat, hotels with docks. You can go about 30 minutes south of Clearwater to Anna Marie island and feel like paradise.
The Gulf seems to be cleaner and clearer in my option than the Atlantic

Have Fun!

Congrats on the 242! I love the boat, perfect for our family. We have been down here for almost a year. We were at a marina up north, but you are correct, they really are not a good option in Orlando (central Florida sexiest city)! I may try Conway tomorrow if I can get there early enough, not much parking.

I have been boating mostly on the Butler chain and I just got into the sportsman club, my BIL gave me great advice and recommended I get on the list years ago before I moved here. This winter I kept my 242 in Naples from thanksgiving to spring break. I love the gulf coast but can't deal with I4 for a day trip. Welcome to the 242 club.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the 242! I love the boat, perfect for our family. We have been down here for almost a year. We were at a marina up north, but you are correct, they really are not a good option in Orlando (central Florida sexiest city)! I may try Conway tomorrow if I can get there early enough, not much parking.

I have been boating mostly on the Butler chain and I just got into the sportsman club, my BIL gave me great advice and recommended I get on the list years ago before I moved here. This winter I kept my 242 in Naples from thanksgiving to spring break. I love the gulf coast but can't deal with I4 for a day trip. Welcome to the 242 club.
I just realized your post was from last year! ha!
Orange County Sportsmen's Association, never heard of it, I just checked out the video and ramps look 100% better than the public ramp
How is parking there on a busy day?
Did the waiting list take a year?

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know I'm late but Welcome to Orlando @Thor ! @Benny Sibbitt OCSA is the Marina on Lake Sheen where you can buy gas. Very nice setup. I know there is a waiting list of 3+ years last time I asked. Im only about 15mins out from Lake Butler so not that beneficial to me other than access to a possibly less busy ramp. @Thor I enjoy Lake Conway but I agree the ramp and parking is small and there is a low bridge that calls for me to lower my tower. Curious as well how you like OCSA..

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know I'm late but Welcome to Orlando @Thor ! @Benny Sibbitt OCSA is the Marina on Lake Sheen where you can buy gas. Very nice setup. I know there is a waiting list of 3+ years last time I asked. Im only about 15mins out from Lake Butler so not that beneficial to me other than access to a possibly less busy ramp. @Thor I enjoy Lake Conway but I agree the ramp and parking is small and there is a low bridge that calls for me to lower my tower. Curious as well how you like OCSA..
I just realized your post was from last year! ha!
Orange County Sportsmen's Association, never heard of it, I just checked out the video and ramps look 100% better than the public ramp
How is parking there on a busy day?
Did the waiting list take a year?

You both want to stop what you are doing, go to the OSSA website and get your name on the list!! The ramps are great, facilities are awesome, you can grill, swim, chill in the clubhouses and the people are nice. IMO the best boating bargain in Florida. The wait is years but turnover is very high, and it is worth the wait. Plenty of parking and overflow parking across the street. I just got in this spring, always see many Yamahas around the club

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Thor True. Signed up. We will see what happens in a few years .

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone heading out this weekend? Looking to get the boat in the water.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score