• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Oregon

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We finally got the boat in the water for the first time on Sunday. After staring at it in the garage for so long it looked so good in the sunlight that I had to snap a pic while fueling up on the way to Green Peter.

The ramp was packed, but just as we were pulling in someone was pulling out for the day, so we scored an parking spot for the truck and trailer, which was a bonus. Launching was uneventful, although I may have forgotten to seat the clean out plugs until I got it in the water. The lake was only 65 degrees, but that didn't stop the boy and his buddy from getting in.

The boat ran flawlessly, and everyone had a good time. Loading up went well too, the bride was nervous about backing down the ramp but she did it like a champ.

When we got back to the house, I noticed that one of the fender bolts has already disappeared - another case of Shoreland'r trailer blues.

The trailer has about 120 miles on it - 80 home from the dealer and 20 each way to the lake and back.

I wasn't terribly surprised to see the missing bolt, but I was caught off guard when I found a crack in the gel coat on the engine cover.

Sent the dealer an email Monday morning, they are getting the warranty process started on the trailer and the gelcoat crack. We're headed down to Shasta in a couple weeks, I'll have to keep an eye on the fenders.

I also learned today that enough people dropped off the wait list for slips at the marina on Foster Lake that we now have a slip for June and July. Since it's only twenty minutes from the house to the marina, that should be great for after work playtime.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That lake looks nice but I'm surprised it was packed in May! I have only been out on Fern Ridge but Green Peter is on my list. But I'm not in any hurry to go there if it's always crowded. I've been spoiled at Fern Ridge I guess.