• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello Moomba Makai

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@haknslash do you know if the weight of our boats is with fuel or not. Reason I'm asking is the trailer will hold 6900 lbs. And I want to keep the lead in my boat always. So trying to figure out if I have to add fuel to the weight.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat weight posted on their site is dry weight. You’ll need to factor in fuel and gear for the gross weight. Full tank of fuel will be approximately 378 lbs. Then you have other fluids like engine oil, coolant, trans fluid and vdrive oil to factor in so say another 40-50 lbs or so. Another couple hundred lbs for gear and should give you an idea.

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
OK so add 480 lbs plus 50 lbs at most of gear. What anchor do you use? I know you boat in a river so your anchor is prob bad ass

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use a slide box anchor (small size). It holds my boat great! Almost too good as it can be a bear to loosen from the clay bottom sometimes :D. I love that it folds up to a small form factor making it easy to stow.

Last edited:

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
+1 On the slide box anchors; we’ve used our 19lbs a handful of times now and pair it with a 6.5lbs danforth off the back... Been great not having the boat pitch with the current anymore... The box anchor takes up less footprint than the smaller danforth at 3 times the weight... I’m still planning on replacing the danforth with a 2.5lbs mantis for the rear to save on space though.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s a great forum for sure...not as active as this forum. We were Moomba owners for a long time and I’ve spent a lot of time over there...
[/QUOTE] But when you got a Yamaha Jet boat you moved to this forum instead of talking about your Yami on the Moomba forum. Great idea!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s a great forum for sure...not as active as this forum. We were Moomba owners for a long time and I’ve spent a lot of time over there...
But when you got a Yamaha Jet boat you moved to this forum instead of talking about your Yami on the Moomba forum. Great idea!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because they would probably bash you and say how it’s not a real boat. Just like the guys on The Hull Truth. Not talking about anyone on this forum at all, but I guess some of those guys have to make them selves feel better about their expensive purchase. Especially after factoring in interest on a 20 year boat loan.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
But when you got a Yamaha Jet boat you moved to this forum instead of talking about your Yami on the Moomba forum. Great idea!
[/QUOTE]

Nice house..

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Yeah, because they would probably bash you and say how it’s not a real boat. Just like the guys on The Hull Truth. Not talking about anyone on this forum at all, but I guess some of those guys have to make them selves feel better about their expensive purchase. Especially after factoring in interest on a 20 year boat loan.
[/QUOTE]

And if you pay cash you're a show off, and don't know how to manage money.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
[/QUOTE]
And if you pay cash you're a show off, and don't know how to manage money.
[/QUOTE]

Ha yeah, or daddy bought it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are not too many wake surfer owners crossing over between Moomba/dedicated wake boat and Yamaha JB.
I hope you guys keep posting here with your impressions and share your experience, just like @OrangeTJ has been with his MB wake.

We have several personal friends with ski/wake boats who are asking questions and looking at Yamahas... so I’m always looking for new talking points, lol.

Few years back the very idea of talking about jet boats and dedicated ski boats in the same thread would had been hard to fathom.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If i were trashing jet boats that would be one thing. We loved our Yamaha. It was a great first boat. My wife isn't thrilled with me one bit. She doesn't give two shits about surfing. But she knows I only care about surfing, and we have 2 sons. Sons like to do what dad does. So she wanted space. Sadly that wasn't going to work with our jet boat. So when you know you have to switch Moomba for the money is the obv choice. Supreme to me vs the Makai isn't nearly as nice.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought Supreme's were the "value" brand of Centurion, and Centurion was one of the "premium" brand surf boats?

Where does Moomba fit in that lineup? What about Nautiques?

I know I'm at the bottom of the barrel here with my little $30k single engine jet, but it's always fun to live vicariously through the toys of others!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought Supreme's were the "value" brand of Centurion, and Centurion was one of the "premium" brand surf boats?

Where does Moomba fit in that lineup? What about Nautiques?

I know I'm at the bottom of the barrel here with my little $30k single engine jet, but it's always fun to live vicariously through the toys of others!
Same here, brother, lol. I can only have one boat, it needs to do it all!
Hard to tell what's best, there is almost no unbiased opinion out there. I would say: Pavati. Just because, lol.
This is I believe a fairly Malibu-friendly mag, but it does go over the basics.

--