• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello Moomba Makai

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Pavati is the king prob but they're what $300k.
Moomba is to Supra as Supreme is to Centurion.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I thought Supreme's were the "value" brand of Centurion, and Centurion was one of the "premium" brand surf boats?

Where does Moomba fit in that lineup? What about Nautiques?

I know I'm at the bottom of the barrel here with my little $30k single engine jet, but it's always fun to live vicariously through the toys of others!
It would go something like this IMO from premium to ultra budget level wake boats and in no particular order among class:

Ultra premium class: Pavati (just in terms of price and customization but not wave performance)
Premium class; Nautique/MasterCraft (exclude NXT series)/Centurion/Malibu
High class: MB/Tige/Supra
Entry/Budget class: Moomba/Axis/Supreme/Sanger/MasterCraft NXT
Ultra budget class: Heyday

Skiers Choice makes Supra and Moomba boats
Correct Craft makes Nautique, Centurion and Supreme (and a bunch of other non-wake boat brands)
Malibu and Axis Wake are made by Malibu Boats
Heyday is made by Bayliner

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

It would go something like this IMO from premium to ultra budget level wake boats and in no particular order among class:

Ultra premium class: Pavati (just in terms of price and customization but not wave performance)
Premium class; Nautique/MasterCraft (exclude NXT series)/Centurion/
High class: MB/Tige/Supra
Entry/Budget class: Moomba/Axis/Supreme/Sanger/MasterCraft NXT
Ultra budget class: Hayday
It's funny we looked at MB and liked the moomba more. Liked it more than the supreme and axis. Didn't look at a Sanger. Came very close to buying a used Centurion.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's funny we looked at MB and liked the moomba more. Liked it more than the supreme and axis. Didn't look at a Sanger. Came very close to buying a used Centurion.
I looked at MB but there is hardly any dealer support for them here so that is a big deal breaker for these kinds of boats. I was pretty close to an F22 but untimately the lack of dealer support just didn't sit well with me. The have quick fill just like Supreme so I really liked that aspect and a lot of billet which can be a like/dislike thing depending if you're into billet.

Axis was the Chevy Astrovan of the group. Lots of plastic like you're back in the late 80's. Wave was big but the 2018 didn't have power wedge so no adjustability for the wave so it was what it was. It also handled like crap, very rough ride, sounded like it would fall apart in about 2-3 years. Fuel efficiency sucks because of the wedge acting like a big parachute which when deployed feels pretty much like you're pulling a parachute underwater. Changing surf gate sides involved counter steering to set the boat back up. Turning with surf wedge sucks and is slow. Low freeboard and cheap tower and components. Overall super cheap and too expels vie for what they want IMO.

No Sanger support here just like MB.

I was sort of close to buying an older Centurion as well but there is no storage on the older Enzo SV230 I was looking at. Great hull and can throw a helluva surf style big wave with amazing curl. Low freeboard and can easily be swamped compared to today's wake boats.

Moomba just hit all of the right boxes for us in terms of power, reliability, build quality and tech, ride quality, amazing local dealer is support was a no-brainer for me. 2019 Moomba feel a bit higher grade than even 2018's due to nicer interior components, uses 2018 Supra vinyl, more GatorStep throughout, ballast sensor system, etc.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked at MB but there is hardly any dealer support for them here so that is a big deal breaker for these kinds of boats. I was pretty close to an F22 but untimately the lack of dealer support just didn't sit well with me. The have quick fill just like Supreme so I really liked that aspect and a lot of billet which can be a like/dislike thing depending if you're into billet.

Axis was the Chevy Astrovan of the group. Lots of plastic like you're back in the late 80's. Wave was big but the 2018 didn't have power wedge so no adjustability for the wave so it was what it was. It also handled like crap, very rough ride, sounded like it would fall apart in about 2-3 years. Fuel efficiency sucks because of the wedge acting like a big parachute which when deployed feels pretty much like you're pulling a parachute underwater. Changing surf gate sides involved counter steering to set the boat back up. Turning with surf wedge sucks and is slow. Low freeboard and cheap tower and components. Overall super cheap and too expels vie for what they want IMO.

No Sanger support here just like MB.

I was sort of close to buying an older Centurion as well but there is no storage on the older Enzo SV230 I was looking at. Great hull and can throw a helluva surf style big wave with amazing curl. Low freeboard and can easily be swamped compared to today's wake boats.

Moomba just hit all of the right boxes for us in terms of power, reliability, build quality and tech, ride quality, amazing local dealer is support was a no-brainer for me. 2019 Moomba feel a bit higher grade than even 2018's due to nicer interior components, uses 2018 Supra vinyl, more GatorStep throughout, ballast sensor system, etc.
It's true, it's amazing how large those boats have became in new MYs, especially in terms of the size/height of freeboard. Gone seem days when ski boats were swamped with their own wake turning over too fast to pick up a skier, lol.

Lake Powell was very cool, some areas give a feel like you are partaking in an on water wake boat show/extravaganza, but one thing is kind of clear - basically all the new wake boats can handle chop real well.

Of course my Yammie could smoke all of them :cigar:
but in all honesty I was glad to have my trim tabs, or I would had been forced to slow down over there a lot.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski It really is a whole different lever now with the freeboard some of these boats are coming with these days!! Not all of them have a tall freeboard though so taking a shot over the bow is still possible on some boats especially once ballasted. That's why I went with a really deep boat as I wanted the ease of mind knowing I could load it up with 5,850 lbs and still have plenty of freeboard plus a good ride when it gets rough. You know how the 19' can feel in rough waters so ride quality was something I wanted to improve on my next boat. It really is kind of weird feeling the way my boat feels on plane with full ballast. It feels like its way up there on top of the water compared to my 192 or the 24' Yamaha's I've ridden in. It's hard to explain. It handles chop great! If it gets rough I fill some or all the front ballast and set the center wake plate to 100% and it just eats it up even in stacked interval white caps heading into the wind. In fact it wasn't until last weekend was the first time I've had the boat out in waters that weren't a washing machine. Got her up to 40 mph and backed off. It might of had a few more mph but didn't care to run this boat like that since it's not propped or made for speed. She's just a torque beast out of the hole and great midrange power no matter the weight. Hoping to have a few people out on the boat Sunday with an extra 750 fatsac and spend the day messing about on the surf settings. Hoping we have enough onboard to play with AutoWake too.

I've ne really had a boat with a trim system before and yes you are correct it's awesome and I'll never have another boat with trim. Ever!

Anyways back to freeboard lol. This Centurion Ri257 dwarfs those Tige's!!

image.jpeg

You can see how high a Max rides as well. If there was a way to describe it like a truck my 192 felt like a low rider S10 and my Max like a jacked up 4x4 K5 Blazer lol. Don't let her size fool you though she will rip it in a turn!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
She will be here Monday. Thank God I don't know how many more where's the boat babe questions could I have answered.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
She will be here Monday. Thank God I don't know how many more where's the boat babe questions could I have answered.
Hell yea congrats!! Post some pics once you get her!!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Summer is almost over over up there though right?

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats. Love the interior colors and the super clean all white on the outside. Classy build that should hold resale value. The 400 will do fine until you get up above 4k-5k above sea level and if you carry different props for such an occasion you will be fine.
Folks seem to have mixed reviews but IF you decide to add weight I like to do it just in front of the step up in liner in front of the rear bags at the midship. The Moomba forum is a great resource. If you decide to drag that thing south hit me up!! I would also gladly come North to Desert Aire again as well. That place rocks!!

Congrats again on they boat.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Congrats. Love the interior colors and the super clean all white on the outside. Classy build that should hold resale value. The 400 will do fine until you get up above 4k-5k above sea level and if you carry different props for such an occasion you will be fine.
Folks seem to have mixed reviews but IF you decide to add weight I like to do it just in front of the step up in liner in front of the rear bags at the midship. The Moomba forum is a great resource. If you decide to drag that thing south hit me up!! I would also gladly come North to Desert Aire again as well. That place rocks!!

Congrats again on they boat.
How was the trip? How was the Columbia? Did the fires affect your stay?

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How was the trip? How was the Columbia? Did the fires affect your stay?
It was awesome man. That place is awesome!! Highly recommend it for weekend getaway. VRBOd a house right on the golf course. The boat launch is IMPRESSIVE. If you decide to go at any point PM and I can give you some more details. It was crazy how few people were on the water both Saturday and Sunday.

Oh ya, fires got put out and wind blew all the smoke east. Buncha lucky guys for the trip!! Congrats again in the boat. Stoked for you!!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Isn't crazy how nice the river is there? That's the WA desert. And right there there is never a lot of people.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
River was great. Water temps were good. Very little debris. Took a little bit to find the channel. From the launch it stays 8-12 ft deep for a ways until you get over to the west bank. Saw a Bu over on that side as I was watching depth and went and found that deep water and it was party on after that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please stop! lol
We just got back from Lake Powell pulling my yammie 1,600miles each way, if I as much as mention another road trip this season I'm gonna need a divorce lawyer!!!

(why do I live in STL...?)
(well, we do have the Arch)

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We should plan a later summer trip it stays upper 80s-90s there till October. Then it dips quick as fuck. Never actually been on the rivet there. But in the tri cities a couple hours from there is where I spent my high school and early adult years and was the second body of water I ever put the AR195 in. Send me a drop point of the launch. I'm very curious where it is exactly. Weren't all the hops around there a trip. 80% of the countries hops are grown in the region.