• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help diagnose my engine problem

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How easy are these to install?
Simple If you're just replacing a broken one. Probably just two or three screws and then hooking up the pitot to the hose. It would be even easier if you can find out the brand of your old one and find the same one. That way the screws would probably line up perfectly.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would take this opportunity to consider whether you want a GPS/Depthfinder/fishfinder combo at this time and use the transducer that comes with that to install at the same/similar spot. Loose the OEM speedo since your new GPS will have speed. You could then use the speedometer "hole" in the dash for one of the new dash mount stereo/receivers which would put your radio directly in front of you instead of in the passenger glove compartment(?). Just spending some of your $$ for you

If you plan to put on the OEM speedo which really are not very accurate, you could install 1 screw using an existing hole and you would get away with using 3M 4200 to help glue it down. Just make sure all previous holes are sealed.

Dean Andler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Simple If you're just replacing a broken one. Probably just two or three screws and then hooking up the pitot to the hose. It would be even easier if you can find out the brand of your old one and find the same one. That way the screws would probably line up perfectly.
The hose connecting to the pilot tube seems to be a bit long, should I cut it down?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd only cut it if it kinks when the pitot is in the down position. Otherwise I'd leave the extra length in case you need to cut a piece off later if it gets stretched and rots.