• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help identifying engine component - and its condition '19 242 LSE

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Folks - I'm not mechanically inclined AT ALL and was hoping some of you might be able to help me identify what this engine component is. I'm also curious about its condition. The rest of the engine is pretty pristine for a 2019 used in saltwater, but this component - at the front of both engines - seems to be corroding and the bolts are all rusted compared to other boats in the engine compartment.

I'd like to know what this is - if others notice the same type of wear/aging/rusting - and wondering if this may be a warranty issue (Y.E.S. through 2023).

Sorry for the blurry pics - didn't realize how bad they were until I was back inside and the boat was all buttoned up again.

This is a 2019 242 Limited E-Series:

PXL_20220804_120432873~3.jpg

PXL_20220804_120321117~2.jpg

PXL_20220804_120342403~2.jpg

And just another shot of the engine to show that most other bolts and components look pretty decent

PXL_20220804_120404738.jpg

Its just cosmetic rust mine had it as well

Our engines are for the most part, the same as the SVHO(Supercharged) engines. That Plate covers where the supercharger is normally installed.

1659707178538.png

The bottom piece sticking out the front is the oil pump.

1659707149175.png

While it does appear to be surface corrosion, I would try to clean it up as best as you can. I have never heard of our oil pumps having issues, but if in the future you need to get in there, the last thing you want is fighting rusted out bolts.

Any other parts at the level height show corrosion? Could just be poor components and exposure to salt air.

I could be wrong, but that looks like a very common condition that exists when mixing dissimilar metals in a wet environment.

Our engines are for the most part, the same as the SVHO(Supercharged) engines. That Plate covers where the supercharger is normally installed.

View attachment 184580

The bottom piece sticking out the front is the oil pump.

View attachment 184579

While it does appear to be surface corrosion, I would try to clean it up as best as you can. I have never heard of our oil pumps having issues, but if in the future you need to get in there, the last thing you want is fighting rusted out bolts.
Anyone here ever slap a supercharger on?

Back