• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@HELP my trailer is stuck!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doesn't appear I can connect backwards

@Bruce I been looking online at 5 to 7 pin adapters and they all look like the one I have
I know I should have good wiring because my 33 ft travel trailer brakes work
The missing pins are for 12 volt charging and electric trailer brakes.

You need make sure that you have 12 volt positive and negative going to the solenoid in the trailer tongue that disables the brakes when the truck is in reverse. Do you have a multimeter or test light that you can check with? You also can visually inspect the wires to see if anything is broken or disconnected.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ScarabMike oh I see, I really would like it to correctly.

My tester is not working, I will up another and test this week.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another possibility is that the backup light fuse might be blown on your truck.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 did you ever figure out the reverse braking on the trailer?
I have the same problem with my ford?

Thanks
No I didn't. I found a small bag in my glove box with two relays in it from the factory, but never looked in to where they go. I'm pretty sure one is needed to make the reverse lights deactivate the trailer brakes when in revers. I rigged the key on the trailer to stay in at all times so it's not an issue. I know that isn't the right thing to do, but I don't tow my boat anymore since it's in a slip.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MattFX4 I know one of the relays was for the aux port, I had to plug that in so my travel trailer electric jack would work.