• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

@help One engine surging at steady throttle

Thanks Mark. Was it similar to this?
runs great at start up and lower rpm. Once I get to about 33mph and 6200 rpm it starts this rev up rev down and never spins all the way up and loses power. Kind of a surging effect I have a video but it won’t allow me to upload on the site

runs great at start up and lower rpm. Once I get to about 33mph and 6200 rpm it starts this rev up rev down and never spins all the way up and loses power. Kind of a surging effect I have a video but it won’t allow me to upload on the site
Check for lose foam on the wall next to the air intake box.

It was a long time ago but that’s generally what I remember. I used to have an outboard with a bad fuel pump and it was acting similar to how that thing would run.

Mine only lasted half a day and then back to normal. I changed plugs before the next trip and haven’t had it happen again (not that it was necessarily the plugs).

Check for lose foam on the wall next to the air intake box.
Yay. I have loose foam. It was covering about 75% of the air intake. I can’t wait to get back on the lake to check it out.
thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6774.jpeg
    IMG_6774.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 12
I had a similar issue once, but I have a 210 and it was affecting both engines. I assumed it has to be a gas issue because in both. I had just got it back from the shop to have the steering cables replaced as I just haven’t had the time off work to do it and wanted to get back on the water. On maiden voyage back, had similar issues as described here in both engines except to the point they would die. Thought I was going to need a tow but we limped back in.

hot water came out of the drain plug so I started looking around under the swim platform hatch and saw they hadn’t hooked up the exhaust back to the resonator so the engine compartment was filling with exhaust fumes and killing the engine.

I wouldn’t want to have been the service manager that day.

Back