• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help please. Sea doo speedster 200

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri that is just about what we hope to get later in life! Our kids are jumpers meaning jump off of every part of the boat! I am scared of the prop. My in laws have props but i just don't like it. When my kids get older that is my dream boat style!
There are a bunch for sale but that sure is a good price! Makes a 30k yamaha look pointless in comparison doesn't it?
Yamaha is more for the excitement. A chap is more for relaxation. It's like comparing a racing bike to a Harley. There is no comparison. If you want an adrenaline rush you go for a Yammie. If you are domesticated properly at home you go for a chap :D

BTW from an initial inspection there is atleast 10k of expense on this boat and it has not even been inspected yet. An inspection will bring out another 4-5 k of repair atleast.

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
no wonder you were all over it!!!! Had you showed me I would have offered $35K and keep it in my backyard just for the sake of it LOL
I am kind of suprised though because those things new are over 100K :eek:
I think that's what happened @Betik . I would call it "snatched" out of my hands :(

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that's what happened @Betik . I would call it "snatched" out of my hands :(
On advice of counsel I respectfully decline to answer under the rights granted to me by the 5th amendment of the constitution. ;)

on a sidenote, I had no idea about the bot needing 10K+ worth of repairs. :( I should have never jumped the gun :banghead:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri
There are a bunch for sale but that sure is a good price! Makes a 30k yamaha look pointless in comparison doesn't it?
I under the impression that boats referred to as "she" for a reason. And the reason is that you don't measure her by dollars per lbs.
Needless to say I would rather her give me a rough ride and then just pass out wherever over having a ready bed and she just letting me go to peaceful and uninterrupted sleep. :playful:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Guys. I just got informed that I lost out on the other express cruiser I was aiming for. Someone swooped in at the last minute and offered a sweeter deal to the seller and he accepted that offer. I was completely blindsided on this as I was busy with my travels and saw the message when my flight landed.

Long story short it's back to square one for me searching for an other boat and I think I will wait till march before I search again. What a bummer
@Amar Nanduri at least this way, if you attend boat shows over the winter, they'll be much more interesting.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I under the impression that boats referred to as "she" for a reason. And the reason is that you don't measure her by dollars per lbs.
Needless to say I would rather her give me a rough ride and then just pass out wherever over having a ready bed and she just letting me go to peaceful and uninterrupted sleep. :playful:
In other words @Speedling do you prefer a hot chick or a homely chick :D

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Let me go ask my wife real quick which way I should answer that
The way you should ask her is "do you consider yourself a hot chick or a homely chick" ;)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have hijacked this threat so badly that is not even funny. Hopefully, @Cdud22 will see that we are like a true family ( although kind of dysfunctional that is)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I think he quietly made his exit once the thread started trending to whacky :cool:

Cdud22

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
no its good guys. I have been out of town and have not been keeping up. Kind of funny to read.

As far as the boat goes. I am still up in the air. I and my kids want a boat..MY wife on the other hand. NOT SO MUCH!!!

On the Sea Doo boat it was confirmed 20 hrs only on the boat. Still has ceramic washers. I would still need to re do the seats on the inside and fix the speakers. Not sure it is worth it.

We want to pay cash for a boat...not finance for 1000 years. So we are looking for 15k or less.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree 100% on the cash idea. We pay for everything cash except the house :(. Cannot pay for it, cannot have it.
if your wife is not in, I would drop the subject all together. You know that you will have to pay a non monetary price for it down the road.

On the Speedsters, you know that someone ( not you ) is making money on it. I would say give me another week to convince @Amar Nanduri to loose 10K and @Speedling to loose $5K. Then we can all take our "new" boat to Bimini.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I agree with @Betik If wife is not onboard then no use getting an expensive boat. You will not hear the end of it in your lifetime :D Get a decent boat and rope her in gently to the idea of boating. Once she is convinced then upgrade. I learnt this from the masters of this forum.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @Betik If wife is not onboard then no use getting an expensive boat. You will not hear the end of it in your lifetime :D Get a decent boat and rope her in gently to the idea of boating. Once she is convinced then upgrade. I learnt this from the masters of this forum.
Or, just upgrade to a new wife... one like @Water Girl

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
he does that, and then he would have even less of a say on boat related decisions. It isn't easy to be the water boy.

Note: It is not the tower fault that I cannot control my mouth. Please be gentle for another 3 weeks:nailbiting:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
shhh keep that secret for now.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Me Preparing a list of mods that he needs to potentially get done :smuggrin:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Cdud22 my first boat was an exciter 270. 16 footer that i picked up for 2 grand with blown motors. Put another 2 k into fixing motors, upgrading a few odds and ends and then enjoyed it! Totally worth the money! I would go th ls/lx2000 route if i had to do it again. You can pick them up in decent condition under 9k and every once in a while steal one at 7k! You would be dealing with 2 stroke but they are rockets!