• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

@help <submerged engine now tachs don't work>

I am so made that this happened but lessons learned, I can't find the plug anywhere. I'm assuming thats what happened but I have a pretty good routine before launching. I changed it up used a different vehicle and had to change everything. count have fallen out at ramp and no-one saw it.

The boat sat overnight like that.

I hate this apple spell check it makes you sound like a blithering idiot

@Jerry Ferrera I'm sorry to hear about this but luckily it was at the dock and that's what insurance is for, everybody is safe for a trip another day (well maybe in a few months), With it being a salt water issue and over the engines it probably is better to file a claim on it and move on,

I launched a few weeks ago without the transom plug in and luckily caught it time,

My wife was pretty upset over the whole thing. I never launch the night before but it was well intended. I figured fathers day the ramp would be packed and crazy.
I'm concerned with the insurance giving me back a problematic boat rather than totaling it.
The salt water throughout the boat makes it for a mess. do you have any advice before I start the process or does anyone else have advice.
you can call me or PM me as well.

@Jerry Ferrera, I'm really sorry that this happened to you. I hope that you get things worked out. I understand your concern about not having the boat totaled by insurance. I can't imagine them not totaling it based on @kthrash's experience in 2015.
Good luck sir.

@Jerry Ferrera, I'm really sorry that this happened to you. I hope that you get things worked out. I understand your concern about not having the boat totaled by insurance. I can't imagine them not totaling it based on @kthrash's experience in 2015.
Good luck sir.
lets see what they decide, we are at the mercy of the adjuster and the insurance company.

My engines were full of water, and the salt water blew all the computers.. if yours just sat in water not running, I bet its fine.. I would dry it out, rinse it out, take the wiring apart, silicon spray everything and see whats up.

That damn $2400 salvage BS still pisses me off to this day..

I actually got one of my engines to work when I got the boat home once I drained the oil, the other ones starter was fried or I bet it would have run as well.

I finally got the adjuster report, battery replacement, oil change (8 of them), outer hull damage scuffs and polish (detail), radio remote replacement.
They could not believe the boat too on salt water, the adjuster may have been blowing smoke but they mentioned that because I used the oil based products on the engine compartment after use and salt away the boat showed no signs of salt damage, the tech working on the boat didn't realize it was in salt water besides the smell.
I just hope we don't have problems with the boat in the long run......

Back