• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! Thieves stole my stereo system and vandalized my 242x!

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Trust me, I’m mad as hell... but is it worth the fight for my 500$ deductible? I’d love to make them pay. I’ve had the misfortune of being involved in a couple lawsuits and the only thing I hate more than thieves is lawyers and the litigation system! I will be happy man if I never have to deal with either again! Hahaha
Trust me, I’m mad as hell... but is it worth the fight for my 500$ deductible? I’d love to make them pay. I’ve had the misfortune of being involved in a couple lawsuits and the only thing I hate more than thieves is lawyers and the litigation system! I will be happy man if I never have to deal with either again! Hahaha
What I may do though, is go to the media! It’s a huge corporation. Only thing they fear is bad press!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
True, but wouldn't you think your insurance is now gonna go up due to the claim.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If getting back on the water quickly is the goal I would make the claim (being sure it covers all known damage coming out of the theft) and pay the deductible while concurrently looking for a reputable shop that can do the work ASAP.

$500 is cheap compared to what a new head unit and amps cost. Unless you go to small claims court (represent yourself) or can get a lawyer to take the case pro bono / free, $500 is a bargain.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Or you could just ask them to pay your deductible.

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Or you could just ask them to pay your deductible.
I did ask them to. Their response was to send me the highlighted section of the contract that says they are not responsible for theft or damage. Smh

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our marina is the same way. They are not responsible for anything, just the way it is with anything anymore. Prices keep going up but the service keeps getting worse. Dockhouse is only open a few hours a day on the weekends, no more gas there, no dumpster (yet), No wake buoy never replaced, screws sticking out of walkways and trees overhanging in the driving areas(real fun avoiding with an AR) This is the first year in over 4yrs that I've seen boards and rub rail replaced on some of the slips. Years past I would just take the stuff with me to repair my own slip. and walkways to my boat. Hate to say that this might be the last year we wetslip our boat if the prices keep going up

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Theft/vandalism. With the increase in boating, ramps are at capacity on weekends. The marina where I have my boat, slips are harder to find. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that I have been the recipient of vandalism at my slip yesterday. I had purchased bumpers to hang from sides of dock. They have been on place for over two years. They cut the zip ties and took one of the four I had. The slip is highly visible from the marina ramp. However, there are many fishing boats that find their way around the docks. Not sure if the came by foot or by boat. Most likely by boat. It’s upsetting to know the few that are scum just help themselves at others expense.