• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@HELP

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Could someone send me a picture of the intake line for a 2021 252. I’m gonna need to limp back to the marina on one sucked of a solid plastic bent the impeller blade on port side

thanks

Last edited:
Don't worry about the line just stay under 5 mph and If you can have the reverse bucket OPEN in forward that will also help as it will allow the water to flow through the pump with less back pressure

Don't worry about the line just stay under 5 mph and If you can have the reverse bucket OPEN in forward that will also help as it will allow the water to flow through the pump with less back pressure
Really appreciate it Jeff

@Sroc, if you are not already back at the Marina you may be able to run the damaged side at idle without cavitating to allow faster travel back.

@Sroc, if you are not already back at the Marina you may be able to run the damaged side at idle without cavitating to allow faster travel back.
tempImagercU7Fp.pngtempImageI5HqoF.pngtempImageu9s40j.pngI traveled the 8 miles 3-4 MPH took over two hours. I must have taken in a ton of water in the anchor locker as it was the very first time I ever saw my bilge pump light kick on. When I got the boat out of the water I was surprised to see a very large piece of plastic wedged one of the impeller blades is bent how do I know if the shaft is bent? I'm guessing this plastic piece off of some sort of quick connect the strap looks like almost like a seatbelt material? Have no Idea until it is taken out. I have plans to get it to a dealer this week

Attachments

• tempImage77mnPy.png
    tempImage77mnPy.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 14
  • tempImageH6K7Wu.png
    tempImageH6K7Wu.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 11
View attachment 159940View attachment 159941View attachment 159944I traveled the 8 miles 3-4 MPH took over two hours. I must have taken in a ton of water in the anchor locker as it was the very first time I ever saw my bilge pump light kick on. When I got the boat out of the water I was surprised to see a very large piece of plastic wedged one of the impeller blades is bent how do I know if the shaft is bent? I'm guessing this plastic piece off of some sort of quick connect the strap looks like almost like a seatbelt material? Have no Idea until it is taken out. I have plans to get it to a dealer this week
You should pull that pump yourself if you can. Highly doubt the shaft is damaged. Suggest clearing it then I would be tempted to live with the impeller blade for the season and address it after Labor Day

looks worse than it really is, the impeller can be reformed and the drive shafts on these don't bend they break . it will be just fine once you get the impeller fixed

It looks worse than it really is, the impeller can be reformed, and the drive shafts on these don't bend. They break. it will be just fine once you get the impeller fixed
Jeff, If I pull the pump and free the plastic piece, can I run the boat till the end of the season here in MI (two months) with a bent impeller blade, or will it cavitate too much?

I think I have seen those floating buckle on bait buckets and fishing traps..............they float so fisherman can come by later and retrieve the catch of the day..........bummer

NO it must be repaired it is really bent and if you just run it for about 2 minutes you won't want to run it any longer

Looks like a quick connect for a tube almost.

NO it must be repaired it is really bent and if you just run it for about 2 minutes, you won't want to run it any longer
Good to know. I won't even try. I had a question regarding the amount of water in my bilge. I noticed right after this incident. My bilge up until this point has always been bone dry. Could I have cracked something? Or traveling at non-planing speeds getting water through the clean-out tray ?

Looks like a quick connect for a tube almost.
That’s what I’m thinking but won’t know for sure until the pump is taken out I was up in the northern most part are anchor Bay when that happened long trek down to my marina Really unfortunate the lake was glass early this morning when I was out

That’s what I’m thinking but won’t know for sure until the pump is taken out I was up in the northern most part are anchor Bay when that happened long trek down to my marina Really unfortunate the lake was glass early this morning when I was out

Good to know, I will be in Anchor Bay tomorrow morning fishing. Bummer it happened.

I think I have seen those floating buckle on bait buckets and fishing traps..............they float so fisherman can come by later and retrieve the catch of the day..........bummer
makes sense. I was out real early, like 930. I did see several fishermen nearby. Bummer is right. Going to cost me a week or two on the water shame they would float such a thing without a flag or marker

Good to know, I will be in Anchor Bay tomorrow morning fishing. Bummer it happened.
I was planning on going out tomorrow am too, not doing the raft off. But now I will be sitting this week or two out, ugh!!! good luck fishing

I would pull the pump (if you can--given where the plastic thing is wedged, you may have trouble pulling it), clear the plastic and then take a pliers to the impeller. I agree running it like that is very much not a good idea (you will have cavitation and it is probably out of balance, which will cause all sorts of issues). But if you can bend it back, you might be able to salvage it.

Look at it this way: right now you are looking at a new impeller. What is the worst you can do to the old one? Not fix it and need a new impeller? And on the up side, if you can get it at least a lot closer, you can close out the season with this one and then change in the off season. IMHO, etc.

Back