• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

High altitude impellers for 2016 limited S (5000-6000 ft)

Evauto

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in Utah and have been looking to swap out the factory impellers on my 242 limited. Is there anyone local or are there recommendations for companies to buy from?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Impros. I'm up in Park City (across the street from Rockport) if you ever need advice, happy to help. You can have South Valley Motorsports repitch your screws is they are sea level. I have a set for Lake Powell (3500' altitude) but I highly recommend that you just get 4500' altitude pitched screws and then do ribbon delete with K&N air filters.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
FYI, South Valley Motorsports was purchased by MotoUnited in Draper. They are having trouble accessing service records from South Valley Motorsports last I talked to them. They are also SUPER busy, so take that into consideration in asking them to do any work.

I was up at Rockport yesterday in my AR195 and could barely hit 6000 RPM (Single Motor) and getting up on a slalom ski was a very difficult endeavor. Feel free to follow along on a thread I just posted attempting to address my altitude-related performance issues.

Link to my thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-ar195-working-through-issues-at-elevation-addressing-performance.28099/#post-461345

If you have any advice on tuning our boats for our elevation, I would love to hear it either on this thread or mine. Have a good time out there! Thanks.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI, South Valley Motorsports was purchased by MotoUnited in Draper. They are having trouble accessing service records from South Valley Motorsports last I talked to them. They are also SUPER busy, so take that into consideration in asking them to do any work.

I was up at Rockport yesterday in my AR195 and could barely hit 6000 RPM (Single Motor) and getting up on a slalom ski was a very difficult endeavor. Feel free to follow along on a thread I just posted attempting to address my altitude-related performance issues.

Link to my thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-ar195-working-through-issues-at-elevation-addressing-performance.28099/#post-461345

If you have any advice on tuning our boats for our elevation, I would love to hear it either on this thread or mine. Have a good time out there! Thanks.

Good to know! On one of the other threads about this I jokingly wrote down some "if you live in Utah" advice on this subject :). It's second post on page 2 of this: https://jetboaters.net/threads/boating-at-elevation-whats-considered-high-elevation.21098/page-2

Hope it was a good outing! RP has been very busy lately. Haven't taken the boat out except to put her in the slip. Maybe I'll get some time this week :).

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hope it was a good outing! RP has been very busy lately. Haven't taken the boat out except to put her in the slip. Maybe I'll get some time this week :).
I was at Deer Creek on Friday and it was a madhouse. Wake surfers EVERYWHERE. Me on my slalom ski looking like a jumping jack compactor testing my spines resilience. Finally gave up and retreated to a cove for a swim.

Went up to RP Sunday as described and was on the water by 7:30. Almost glass smooth water and we were the ONLY boat on the lake for about an hour and a half. It was awesome. The lake didn't really start to feel busy until I left around 2 PM and I still could have skied if my muscles had anything left to give. It was a great day. Probably the best I have had. Try to get up there this week, I am sure everyone will be taking a break after 4th of July weekend.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Good to know! On one of the other threads about this I jokingly wrote down some "if you live in Utah" advice on this subject :). It's second post on page 2 of this: https://jetboaters.net/threads/boating-at-elevation-whats-considered-high-elevation.21098/page-2
Thanks for posting that link! I was looking for that thread and couldn't find it - which prompted me to post my thread trying to tackle performance at elevation en mass. I am going to farm that thread and post any useful tips over to mine. Because why not. I like centralized information. Thanks again @sysinu !

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting that link! I was looking for that thread and couldn't find it - which prompted me to post my thread trying to tackle performance at elevation en mass. I am going to farm that thread and post any useful tips over to mine. Because why not. I like centralized information. Thanks again @sysinu !
If you're ever interested and up at Rockport, let me know :). My boat is just floating down there waiting for me to pay attention to it.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you're ever interested and up at Rockport, let me know :). My boat is just floating down there waiting for me to pay attention to it.
Is there a key hidden on it somewhere? I could stop by and give it some love. I know I would appreciate the access to a second engine!

All joking aside, if I can get my new impeller installed this Friday, I may try to head up to Rockport for some test runs. I'll try to remember to reach out if things work out.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is there a key hidden on it somewhere? I could stop by and give it some love. I know I would appreciate the access to a second engine!

All joking aside, if I can get my new impeller installed this Friday, I may try to head up to Rockport for some test runs. I'll try to remember to reach out if things work out.
Awesome! I will probably hit the lake as well, assuming it's not super windy. I have some family staying in the Cottonwood campground.