• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Long Have You Owned a Jet Boat

How long have you owned a jet boat?

• 1 Year

Votes: 61 27.7%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • 5 Years

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • 6 Years

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 7 Years

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 8 Years

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • 9 Years

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • 10 or more Years

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't see the "less than 1 week option" either!

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
bought our cream puff 212ss from a fellow "previous forum" member in June of 2011. best thing i accidentally fell into ever!!

JCampbell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since 1995 Sea Doo PWC's until I converted to Yamaha in 2007

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
June 2007! What a great day!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just bought mine the beginning of last summer. I always had stern drives before. But I love this boat!!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bought my 2007 in summer of 2010. I wasn't looking for a jet boat but fell in love with the layout and rear deck. Based on the price I paid I figured I would give the jet boat a try and so far I don't regret it a bit.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One year now....

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
13 months. Ha! sound like someone saying the age of their child.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Owned a Sea Doo Speedster SK for 9 years and bought the Yamaha the same year I sold the Sea Doo. All in all, 13 years with these jets.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
An LS2000 back in the early 2000's when it was the flagship of the Yamaha line, pre- 4 stroke. Looked as good back then as it did when I sold it last year. Loved that rocket ship. But I found a new appreciation for the SX230 which I now own. I can't tell you how comfortable it is to know that all you need do is turn the keys, and off you go. Without fins, of course!

My LS, the week it left my family.

boat 1.jpg

My new love.
IMG_20130408_174701_121.jpg

Jeff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bought our first boat last August, AR192, to see if we would enjoy owning one. Loved it so much that we traded for the 242 last month. So I guess the answer would be less than a year.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
1 year with my first jet, have a couple friends with sea doo jets "challengers" fun boats as well. I've had a couple older Thompsons, a Baja, and a Rinker. Our primary water hole is the Kankakee river there are a ton of sand bars and shallows, I got tired of buying props and out drives...LOL

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Didn't see a button for 1 month. :) Only had it out twice and love it!

N

No_Longer_Active_User

:winkingthumbsup"
I am curious what our experience level is....
Just bought my FIRST boat 3 weeks ago...17' Sugar Sand Tango (2001).... Went with a jet boat due to the fact that I had owned 2 jet skis over the past three years and wanted something smaller with NO PROPS!
This seems like a good fit .... Tubing, cruising, fishing and hitting the sandbar...... An all inclusive way to go for me! lol

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@No_Longer_Active_User , welcome, and if you haven't yet post in the welcome aboard thread to introduce yourself to the forum...:Welcome:

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since August of 2013. I'm a newb!

AR036DMX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2 months. Having lots of fun while learning from all of the experienced folks.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bumping the where is the 1 month option? I took my jet home from the dealer about a month ago now.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just realized...because you guys bumped the thread back up, that I needed to update my vote and explanation! Well, I lasted about 4 months without my Yamaha Jetboat...I have been the proud owner of another one, a new leftover 2012 SX 240! So I am on my second Yamaha following the sale of my '08 SX 230 last August. We have only had the new boat for going on 3 months and I have more time in and under it that on it! I am trying to put all my favorite mods back into it. So far, I have fixed the bow stop post (shimmed), the bow stop roller (stolz), cut new noodles for the windshield under the M/T cover, added new hydroturf to the step thru from the swimdeck to cockpit on the step and hump, added turf to the step under the anchor locker, installed the paper towel roll holder on the head compartment door, built and installed two pvc shelves in the head compartment for additional storage without taking up all the head compartment, added the shoe organizers on the fore and aft walls of the head compartment, padded the anchor locker for the small box anchor, and purchased...RGB LED flexible strip lighting for the cupholders and other areas, 4 zone RF controller, Blue Sea Dual Battery Switch and ACR, ACC Bus, Ground Bus, Helm Ground Bus, 2 Group 27 AGM batteries, and ordered another Large Shore Spike. I will probably wait until after the fall to start the stereo install, but I will be spending a little time over the next month installing my Nauti Dawg electrical system. My moto, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Gee Mel.....sounds like the only thing left to do is............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
NAME THE BOAT!!!!!!