• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Long Have You Owned a Jet Boat

How long have you owned a jet boat?

• 1 Year

Votes: 61 27.7%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • 5 Years

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • 6 Years

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 7 Years

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 8 Years

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • 9 Years

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • 10 or more Years

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will probably wait until after the fall to start the stereo install, but I will be spending a little time over the next month installing my Nauti Dawg electrical system. My moto, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
So is it official? Great name!!

In Arizona we like to say, "If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin!"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
ha ha...no! That was the old boat name, but I agree, it was a great name for the boat. I promised Danny and Cheryl they could keep that name, so I don't want to infringe on it. I might follow the theme, but trying to avoid it if possible.

I do keep coming back to my first thoughts on it...the (Wild) Blue Yonder.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

rick johnston

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exciter 270 3 years
LS2000 3 years
SX230 6th year and counting
this will be the last boat for me, this is the one I always wanted and now have loved since 2008.
It is one of the best boats on the lake and everyone loves it.
Rick

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha GP600 Waverunner for 6 years, then sold it to buy a boat (Donzi Bowrider) so the whole family can cruise the lake together. My wife was always nervous with the kids swimming around the stern because of the prop so we eventually sold it after a couple of years and bought a Yamaha AR210 at the beginning of this season. So far we are loving it.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So is it official? Great name!!

In Arizona we like to say, "If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin!"
Who says that? Not the Governor I hope! I sent her some money so she better not waste it!

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Around 2007 we bought a 1999 SeaDoo Speester SK. It was a great boat, which we trailered to local lakes throughout the summer. We only had a minor charging issue with one of the engines. I learned how to rebuild carbs, and installed a 4 speaker stereo system. I had only 2 seaweed issues ever. Once when we wondered too far up a local channel, and another when I let a freind drive. Eventually we got too busy, and the summers seemed shorter. I was happy and sad at the same time when I watcher her leave in 2011.

In 2012 I took a new job, and we moved, this time we searched for a house on the water. No more trailer boating. I spent last fall searching for some NOS SeaDoo boat, but there was nothing. This spring we bought the Glastron, which has the Rotax (SeaDoo) engine. It currently has 4.5 hours on it, so we are still getting acquainted.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am just at my 8 year mark. My first boat being a 2006 SX230. I just sold and moved to a 2014 212X! JB for life! :thumbsup:[flag]:winkingthumbsup":wacky:

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Crazy that half the respondents have 3 years or less with jet boats. That has the start of a geometric progression.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been jetboating for 8 years now. Bought our 2006 SX230HO new in July of '06 and have loved every minute. Growing up my parents had a 22' O'Day sailboat that was fun when I got a little older. I was 3 when they bought it and I wasn't a big fan of as a little kid. Before we bought our Yamaha I had purchased a 16' Hobie Cat sailboat and I only had it out 3 time in the 9 months that I owned it. On the last trip with it I thought I was going to die. Took it out on a day with too much wind and not enough experience. Big mistake! I could never get anybody to take it out with me and it was way too much work to really enjoy the sailing part that I really liked. Went from no motor to 2 motors and haven't looked back since.