• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Long Have You Owned a Jet Boat

How long have you owned a jet boat?

• 1 Year

Votes: 61 27.7%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • 5 Years

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • 6 Years

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 7 Years

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 8 Years

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • 9 Years

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • 10 or more Years

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm going into my 3rd season. First jet boat was 2012 on an AR190. Then I traded her in for a 2013 212X.

sledpepper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Second jet boat. First jet was a 20' Seadoo. Seadoo was really fun, but not as refined as the Yamaha. Picked up 2009 232limited 4 years ago before the hull change, and really happy we did.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
17 years..... First an E270, then an LS2000 but that smoked too much to pull small kids on a tube, and now an AR230HO.... Just getting the hang of backing it up! lol!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fairly new to boating overall.......I didn't even know Jetboats were a thing. I LOVED my Yamaha Waverunner so much that when I decided to upgrade my old boat I happened to search Yamaha.....considering maybe just a second waverunner......well DAMN looked what pops up on Craigslist !!!....bought it a week later and never looked back.....what a machine.

this will be our second summer with it

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a 1989 FourWinn 200 Horizon that I bought new in 1989, a month after my first ever houseboat trip at Lake Cumberland. Saw a 2005 SX230HO at the Columbus Boat show and started to research Yamaha's....found the website and the information there from other boat owners swayed me to getting my SX230HO in 2006. I have drug the boat to KY, Tenn and Illinois and hope to get to Michigan this year. This will be my 9th season with the boat.....and people ask me all the time about my "new" boat...haha

edsr23

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Its only been a year. I was looking for a waverunner, but the wife said I had to find something the family can enjoy. Two days later I picked up a 2011 242ls....im hooked and so is my 3yr old son.:)

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Only one year with my Yammi, but I'm expecting many more. I've also owned several sailboats from sunfish's, hobie cats, and an S2 8 meter. As far as motorboats I've had a Twin Vee 26' off shore then a palm beach 16' now the SX 21.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do waverunners count as small jetboats or no?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We picked ours up last July. So I guess I cheated a little bit when I said one year. But I am super excited to get this summer started, we have several trips planned that were never possible with our old boat and old rundown trailer. Add that to the fact that our kids are going to be 13, 7, and 2 this year, we should have a ton of fun! The 13 year old is ready to start wake boarding, the seven year old is dying to try wake boarding but I'm afraid she might be too young. And our youngest who will be two in July is going to be a great age to start swimming in the water.

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First boat ever.. a brand spankin' new 2012 Yamaha SX240 HO. Almost two years ago to the date. I have 160 hours on it already.

When I started shopping, I had no idea what I wanted really. It finally came down to real estate on the water, low maintenance, boat for the money, and something my truck could tow. The 24' layout is awesome and roomy, low maintenance for sure, was almost half the price of a comparable brand, and light enough to get a 24' instead of a 21' and still tow with my truck. Love the boat.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the first boat that I have owned, I grew up on a 17-18 foot Galaxy ski boat, we went out almost every weekend during the summer growing up. When we moved to FL I finally felt like I would get enough use out of a boat to justify buying one.
September 28th last year I bought my '09 Ar230. I haven't done much boat shopping before this, I knew quite a bit about boats but never knew about Yamaha boats until I stumbled across one of Jet Boat Pilots videos on YouTube, the more research I did the more I wanted a Yamaha. I tried to keep an open mind to other brands and non-jets, but I just kept finding myself looking at the Yamahas.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been into boating since I was six and lived on a lake from six until I left home. Owned everything from a Ted Williams 12' jon boat with a 1963 Johnson 3hp, to my Yamaha SX230. 16' to 26', outboards to I/O's and loved them all. Spent untold amounts of money on them. Gotta say, my Yamaha has been the easiest and cheapest to own of all of them except the old Ted Williams/Johnson outboard. Dream of stepping up to a 242 one day but can't justify selling the 230. I know, too much infore.
Papa

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First year with a jetboat, two bass boats before. I do remember my parents owning one in the early 80's that had a v-8 and a single nozzle, and talk about metal flake in the gelcoat....lol. Wish i had a picture..

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can honestly say Miss Barbie & me are comin' up on our First Year Anniversary.
Ya might surmise that after years of boat ownership ....
we finally Got Smart !
LOL ! Enjoy the rest of your week ! Mikey Lulejian

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been boating since the late 60's when my father bought a Boston Whaler Squall. He wanted a sail boat and the kids wanted a power boat, it fit both categories and was unsinkable. He has since left us but I still have the boat. The first boat I owned was a '95 Baja Blast and last year we purchased the Exciter, hopefully if all goes well it will be in the water this spring.

Tdunne

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2223.jpg

I bought my first boat November 2013...-10 the day I unloaded it. Pretty excited for spring thaw.... did several upgrades Including new 7.7" jl speakers (6) 2 rev8 wetsounds, 2 800w amps, 2nd battery, LEDs in all the cup holders, under the seating in the front and passenger including the back rests on the rear deck... still looking to buy pfd's wake boards and several other accessories before she cast off!!

Last edited:

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to login to YJB to recall, 8 years (a simpler time)...(no kids) an Exciter 270, few years later (one kid) LX2000, and now (three kids) SX190...we're gonna need a bigger boat!