• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Much Are You Paying In Storage Fees

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wanted to start a thread to find out what type of storage and how much people are spending to keep their boats.

Just a simple type of storage (i.e. uncovered storage parking lot, dry storage, lift, etc.), size of the unit (if applicable), and monthly cost.
And maybe what state you store the boat in for perspective. Thanks all!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We don't have our enclosed storage unit yet (still under construction) but it is $150 a month I believe. Dimensions are 40' long X 16' wide X 18' tall with 14' X 14' roll up door and concrete floor. It has 110v power and timed lighting. We will be 5 mins or less from the lake and can't wait!

I'm going to hook my walls up like this and finally free up my garage at the house from all the boat shit scattered around.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For winter storage (~6 months) in MN I pay $12/foot for indoor storage on a concrete floor (no heat or electricity).

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think I paid $350 for October through April for a spot in an indoor unheated storage shed (mostly full of other boats or campers) with a rock floor. Pay $100 for outdoor storage for my trailer during the summer. Convenient but leaves me a place to put the boat if I have to remove it from the water.

During the winter I have no access to the boat.

ericoask424

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Minnesota concrete floors, unheated enclosed storage 600 year. Full of other boats and campers but with your own door.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$0 in my garage (or whatever percentage of my mortgage that 1/2 my garage square footage works out to). One of the main reasons we brought an AR190 home when we went to buy an AR240.

Researching a few years ago I found prices ranging from $120-$180/mo for gravel floor, covered, no door storage. No electricity either. Places usually look like this around this area. Drive in on one end, then have a whole row of boats/campers under cover with no doors. Usually a post between each "bay" with a steel cable across the beams with your own lock on it.

1587129452794.png

Here's a streetview of a similar facility. This place at least has a fence with a "code in/out" gate on it.
1587129654954.png

Found a few places that were cheaper, but had concerns on security, structure, location, or other issues. This will be bridge we have to cross when we upgrade. Would love to find an enclosed space with concrete floors for $200/mo or less. Bonus if it had lights/electricity available.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We don't have our enclosed storage unit yet (still under construction) but it is $150 a month I believe. Dimensions are 40' long X 16' wide X 18' tall with 14' X 14' roll up door and concrete floor. It has 110v power and timed lighting. We will be 5 mins or less from the lake and can't wait!

I'm going to hook my walls up like this and finally free up my garage at the house from all the boat shit scattered around.

View attachment 116130
That is AWESOME. I'd pay $150/mo in a heartbeat for a space like that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also......for those of you with storage.....How do you handle letting everything "dry out" between days? I wouldn't want to leave the boat in one of hte places I posted above without the cover on (to keep critters and dust out), but I can't imagine putting it away with carpet and seats still wet.

At home in the garage I can go a few days with it uncovered and a fan on it to dry it out, then cover it back up in minutes since it's just "right there".

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Outside Denver when I looked this spring, a 12x20 public shortage (if I could even find one. They’re at normally 10’ wide with only an 8’ door) was $$250-300 a month. The 14x40 that could store my little pop top and boat (but good luck finding a vacant one) was easily $400 a month.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We got an enclosed storage space about 1/4 mile from the lake entrance. It's set up as a courtyard with garage doors all facing in, with a single gated entrance. I think the units are something like 12x35, there's electricity and a light in each. I signed a year lease that works out to maybe a couple hundred a month, totally worth it to have a place where I can work on the boat (these are pictures from when I replaced the deck mats).

Attachments

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We pay $700 a year for a 30x12 with a big swinging door, electric, and a gravel floor. We also pay $800 a year for our 20x8 covered slip with our lift in it. The boat sits on the lift roughly May through early October. The storage is 1/2 mile from a ramp but 15 minutes from our ramp and slip.

Jamestown KY

ScreaminJay

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$450 a year. 30 ft L, double high roll up door (don’t have to fold anything up), Individual bay with walls, gravel floor, electricity, lights etc.

It’s gated and lit on the exterior. Gravel lot in the middle.

Its on the road frontage to someones farm probably 2 miles from the ramp we use. I freakin love it. Isolated, very rural, and the folks who run it are incredibly nice. It’s also 4 miles ish from a gas station that sells 0 ethanol rec gas :)
Nancy, KY

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is AWESOME. I'd pay $150/mo in a heartbeat for a space like that.
We can't wait to move into it, my wife especially since she would get the garage space back to park her car in it lol! I plan to hook up our unit making it kind of like a boating man cave :D

It is on large, flat gated property and sits across from the owners home so should have good security. Her son-in-law who actually owns the land is also a police officer in the area. They also have pull-thru units (doors on both ends) but they are slightly smaller and more expensive ($230/mo I think). I turned those down once she told me they were building a new set of buildings that will be larger but only have one door which was fine by me since I don't have any issues backing up in reverse. The price by my house for storage is about the same but much smaller, not fully enclosed and not as secure. Storing it closer by home would give me more options of selecting a lake to go to but the more the wife and I discussed we all agree we love boating on Lake Martin the best and it's where we tend to go to the most often these days so we decided we'd save on towing gas by just leaving the boat close to the lake down there which is about an hour and 40 mins from the house. We will also have 24/7 access. Not bad at all!

These are their smaller pull-thru units. Our building will be behind these I believe. Hopefully they are done by the end of the month or I'm going to go crazy as this project has been delayed several times due to weather earlier in the year.

site.jpg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I pay $340 for winter storage and $665 for summer. Both are outdoor. I think the prices are really good for my area .. like 30 minutes from NYC

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
12x35 concrete floor enclosed storage, 1 mile from ramp = $165/mo

Last edited:

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
35/month unheated barn storage in Wisconsin. Driveway during the short boating season.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I pay $40/mo April-Oct for an outside parking spot, $52.50/mo in a warehouse Nov-April. This is 60 mi NW of Chicago in IL.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
High and dry in Islamarada $425 a month including tax. Call 15 min in advance and they drop it in. They wash it also When they pull it out. One pull out and put in a day included. Car is sitting by Miami airport also ? $7 a day. This was the year to fly down and use it every month. Yea right by the time this Carina virus is over it will be 10g for two trips down there.