• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How old is everyone?

how old are you?

• 20's

• 30's

• 40's

• 50's

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just caught up on reading the post and based on what I trad aging is a state of mind. In fact at my gym there is a couple in their nineties that work the weight circuit bike and treadmill religiously.[flag]

dabomb6608

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Just turned 26 last month. Body is starting to tell me otherwise unfortunately.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just turned 47, 50 started feeling close a few months back. My mind is young but man my body isn't.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
52.5 ...... Trying to get to 53 and debt free!! The new boat put a big wrench in that one.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
50 was easy...60 in a few months has brought out some aches and pains that have slowed me down some. I can't complain, I walk my sugarbush all Winter, everything I was born with still works without medication! :winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wrote it down somewhere.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guess I'm due for an update. 47. Will be 48 in September. Getting a few aches and pains which I take care of with daily stretching.

I look to my Mom for inspiration in ignoring age. She's 82 and still cares for both her home and her cottage by herself due to the fact that her only son lives 6 hours away. She has "a guy" she hires once in a while for grunt-work, but I still have to yell at her when she goes out to the cottage by herself and stands on a ladder to clean out gutters.

She's got aches and pains but chooses to ignore them. I know that there are some pains that can't be ignored, but hers are the garden-variety type that don't indicate anything serious other than the fact she's been alive for 82% of a century.

The important thing, she says, is to "keep moving." "Once you decide to stop, it's really hard to get moving again. You just gotta push."

She is a force of pure willpower.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I as mentioned wa back when bought my jet boat at the young age of 72 Going on my fourth year with it. That said some of the things Iuse to be able to do are not as easy or have been taken off the table. Recently I just had a total knee replacement and still in recovery mode. That said I can now walk 2+ miles. My next goal is to be riding My bike. To that end I just purchased an electric bike or will tomorrow if all goes well. Anyway my point is yes you will get aches and pain as you grow older however continue to exercise as that should help slow the agin and also remember life is to short not to have fun. [flag]

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As to getting out of debt that is a great idea but I have found at least when I was younger that once I got debt free something else came requiring money. [flag]

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
50 was easy...60 in a few months has brought out some aches and pains that have slowed me down some. I can't complain, I walk my sugarbush all Winter, everything I was born with still works without medication! :winkingthumbsup"
Zipper Right now the only medication I am on is "Juengling," twice a day.

Last edited:

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just turned 22! Bought the first boat in my name a couple of days ago! It was a birthday/college grad present to myself!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just turned 22! Bought the first boat in my name a couple of days ago! It was a birthday/college grad present to myself!
Congrats! What's your degree? (And from where?)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
When I bought my 2012 212X I felt like the young kid, and although that wasn't that long ago I feel old now. How old is everyone?

I think we had this poll on the other site, but don't remember seeing it here.

I'm 29 years old.
I am sooo old.. I`m 45