• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How old is everyone?

how old are you?

• 20's

• 30's

• 40's

• 50's

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
47 but feel like 74 sometimes, especially after a long run or hard work out. Training for a half marathon this year and planning to complete a full marathon next year. Also trying to keep my blood pressure down.

I had an older (early 60s) friend flat lined 3 times in one day last year, outside he seemed as healthy as could be inside was a different story entirely. The year before that a good friend my age had a heart attack. Heart disease really is or can be a silent killer.

Had friends over for dinner last night and one played a CD she made in 2007. My 14 year old son didn't recognize many of the songs but we knew almost all the lyrics. Made us feel old and young at the same time.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
47 but feel like 74 sometimes.

Ronnie I have learned that you only turn the numbers around when they give you an edge. I am 72 but when I turn the numbers the other way I am only 27 which appears to be about the average of those who posted to this thread. I like it much better. Now also you must be careful because there are times when you turn them around and you become much older, which is not good for your psychic. So be sure to turn them around only when they make you younger.[flag]

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ronnie I have learned that you only turn the numbers around when they give you an edge. I am 72 but when I turn the numbers the other way I am only 27 which appears to be about the average of those who posted to this thread.
I appreciate the thought but lying to myself isn't going to work especially when my back is hurting, legs are burning and blood pressure is up. I have a to admit I have a problem, Father Time is chasing is on my ass, he has a stroke in one hand and an urn in the other. I'm trying to stay in front of him for as long as I can and should have started earlier.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ronnie This is probably none of my business however I certainly was not asking you to lie to yourself about what shape you are in especially since many see me as pear shape. However, I learnt from my parents that going through life is easier with a positive outlook. Now I do exercise 4 or five times a week to riding my bike 10 to 12 miles ( not anywhere near as fast as I was), lifting weight (not heavy) and punching the speed bag 20 to 30 minutes a day and yes Father Time has seen that I have slowed down more then I like. I also love to cook and bake so I do eat probably more then I should. Now why am I saying all this because your post tells me you are doing the right things to slow Father Time down not stop him but slow him down. Just remember one thing "life is to short not to have fun".

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie I have learned that you only turn the numbers around when they give you an edge. I am 72 but when I turn the numbers the other way I am only 27 which appears to be about the average of those who posted to this thread. I like it much better. Now also you must be careful because there are times when you turn them around and you become much older, which is not good for your psychic. So be sure to turn them around only when they make you younger.[flag]
I have a win win situation - I'm 33 -- not a day older if I flip flop. LOL!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Old enough to know better but young enough to keep doing it. forward 66, or backward 66, take your pick.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Gets a little harder to get everything going at 72 but I'm not even thinking about slowing down [much]. Just made reservations in AZ & UT end of April start of May to do a bunch of hiking, get home from that and let the boating begin. I'll stop when I croak

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gets a little harder to get everything going at 72 but I'm not even thinking about slowing down [much]. Just made reservations in AZ & UT end of April start of May to do a bunch of hiking, get home from that and let the boating begin. I'll stop when I croak
Ditto...turn 70 in May.....still ski, boat, classic cars (1969 Chevelle SS and 2003 Corvette). 3 houses to take care of including the lakehouse. Egypt/Israel in April, England/Scotland/Ireland in Sep, and 3 weeks in Africa next year. Plenty of time to sleep and slow down when I am dead!!!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wooderson: Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

This is what we are doing by our choice in hobbies folks. And in case you’re wondering, I’ll turn 40 this September.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just turned 29. I'm single, own a Superjet, and a '14 AR192 so I guess i'm doing well for myself. I go to the gym 5 times a week, mountain bike, run 5K's, and deadlift 2x my weight. I see a lot of you are 70 years old and still super active. It's inspiring to see and making me think what I can accomplish in 40 more years.

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
41. Bought my first boat when I was 27, just bought my second boat yesterday. Almost shed a tear handing over the keys to our 1989 Sea Ray 180BR.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lol, I didn’t know it was a thing!
Check that.

Made me feel better, thanks. Lolol

Yeah I learn to track my progress as percentage of my weight. I could tell you that I deadlift 325lb, but many people aren't impressed because they can deadlift 400lb+ or whatever. The perspective changes when they see that I am 5'-6", 155lb and my stats are: Squatting x5 @ 260lb, deadlift x5 @ 325lb, and bench x5 @ 215lb.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s awesome, man.
OK now you just made me feel worse! LOL.

Edit: Albeit where I train there are some high school football players - who are just plain scary!

Haha. You're a family man. It's impressive that people can find time for all the things and the gym. Right now I don't have problems because it's only me, myself, I, the gym, and my boat.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Turned 50 for the 6th time. :thumbsup:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain