• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to access hand rail hardware?

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Waxing the boat today I noticed the forward port side hand rail was loose. I need to get to the nuts that secure the rail but they seem to concealed somewhere behind the forward seat cushions. Anyone got any experience accessing the rail hardware? Thx

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not as familiar with the 23' hull. But those of us that have done this removed a bow speaker.

A socket with knuckle and extension should get you in there. Long sleeves would protect you from some unfinished fiberglass in there. Good luck!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Through the speaker hole for the front and try to get the rear from there or you can access the rear hardware from the helm compartment & head compartment.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@merlinjet HA...Funny you should ask! We were out a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing, the OCD in me absolutely could not let them just be loose! I ended up locating the hardware along the inside of the boat wall, but had to access it through the port/starboard seats/storage.

I ended up having to be upside down with my legs straight up in the air with a 3/8" wrench with extensions on a 13mm deep-well socket and a flashlight looking up towards the rail so I could see to get the socket on and tightened them up. Not terrible, but I'm also 6'2" 240lb so my wife was amused!

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Through the speaker hole for the front and try to get the rear from there or you can access the rear hardware from the helm compartment & head compartment.
Thx! I'll give that a try.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@merlinjet HA...Funny you should ask! We were out a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing, the OCD in me absolutely could not let them just be loose! I ended up locating the hardware along the inside of the boat wall, but had to access it through the port/starboard seats/storage.

I ended up having to be upside down with my legs straight up in the air with a 3/8" wrench with extensions on a 13mm deep-well socket and a flashlight looking up towards the rail so I could see to get the socket on and tightened them up. Not terrible, but I'm also 6'2" 240lb so my wife was amused!
Always more than one way to skin a cat. Not looking forward to this... This rail is more than just loose; I don't even think there is a nut on one side anymore.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
whatever way you go make sure to put a gob of locktite on it so you won't be doing it again,

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
you may also consider taking out the front wall in the closet, it's not that difficult, otherwise get an extra long extension for your socket

this thread will show you all the seat cover attachments,

Thx! I'm sitting in the boat right now looking at that very wall wondering how to get it out. This is just what I need. I tried the bow storage approach but that didn't go well.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the wall should come out with maybe 4 wood screws under those round plastic covers, I can't remember exactly at the moment but I think it slides out pretty easy,

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the wall should come out with maybe 4 wood screws under those round plastic covers, I can't remember exactly at the moment but I think it slides out pretty easy,

I'm in but no nuts or washers to be found. Do you know what size they are? 10m?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
don't know, if you can get in the helm compartment you can reach the rear fitting of the starboard rail to get one of those off for the size,