• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my upholstery replacement '07 AR230

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That sure freshened up your old boat.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got many more pictures so if you see something I missed let me know,

yellow - 7/16 nuts
blue - phillips screw

note - captian's chair is not listed on the schematic,

1582049084025.png1 hull edited.jpg7 hull edited.jpg8 hull edited.jpg9 hull edited.jpg10 hull edited.jpg14 hull edited.jpg16 hull edited.jpg28 hull edited.jpg29 hull edited.jpg30 hull edited.jpgengine hatch edited.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Engine hatch finished

20200218_183447.jpg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You're getting me excited, man! I can't wait to get mine all done. Got another cushion cover done this evening, but still a long way to go. Yours looks good!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good!!! I was wondering what it would look like with plain vinyl instead of the pleated vinyl on the back seat. I guess its time to get my sewing machine out and start making my seats!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone have suggestions for reinstalling my rear head closet carpeted panel ?? I really had to pull to remove it, so much that I'm surprised it didn't break something,

well, reinstalling appears to be even more difficlut, I even gave it a couple swift kicks, am I that feeble that I can't even break a piece of plywood (I may have heard it crack and to be fair there's not enough room for me to do a proper roundhouse :cool:)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did have mine out a few years ago. If I remember correctly, I pulled it out by pulling on the inboard verticle edge. I think I had difficulty pulling it across a lip at the locker opening, but it did come out. I will look to see if I took any pics. then. I pulled it out to run wiring to the battery behind it. I mounted a Blue Sea 6- pos. +/- fuse panel on the carpeted surface in that locker. I do remember most of the screw covers splitting.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas & @dgfreeze you’ve made my decision for me. I’ll be getting one of my late grandfathers sewing machines after this virus deal calms down. After reading these threads about DIY Upholstry jobs I’m going to start practicing for future use. He had an upholstry shop and mainly did furniture but occasionally did covers for certain items. He tried to get me into it but it just never really interested me much, although I did learn the basics. Find of kick myself in the ass now for not learning more from him. The seats are in great shape for a 09 but I might as well hone my skills before I actually need to start replacing things. As soon as I get it I’ll post some pics:winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just went to the arena to refresh my memory. Uncovered part of the boat and crawled in. Took some pics. And yes I recall correctly. I removed the screws and put fingers in top and bottom panel cutouts and pulled hard on the top to get by the recess at the door and not get the bottom stuck on the curbing. Bowing the middle some helped. I did it before I put all the storage stuff on it.

20200323_172653.jpg

20200323_172854.jpg

I took it out to install this fuse panel to power equip. on dash above and then later an amp and trim tabs.

20200323_172738.jpg

The boot print on the bow filler cushion came with the boat.

Last edited:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas wish I could help you there, but I think you’re referring to a panel I don’t have, since mine is a year older.

@Babin Farms yeah, u got this! Is the sewing machine a walking foot? Also, I went with PTFE thread for longevity and durability, but it is a little more tricky to get the machine to run it well, and is a good bit more expensive. Other than that, Sailrite.com has a great library of DIY videos for hundreds of projects that I found to be invaluable. All I’ve got left are the captains chairs, but it’s hard now, because of all the stay home stuff. Might have to suck it up and drag it all back here so I can finish things up in my barn, since the cold isn’t so bad now.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not really sure but it’s an OLD machine that weighs a TON!! Pretty sure that it’s up for the job seeing my grandfather used if for 40+yrs.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Success today!! Per zippers instructions, put the outboard and lower inboard and then push hard on top inboard to pop it in,
And... Then had to take it back out because i forgot to feed the light connection through the hole and reinstall again

jkdotcom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you remove these cockpit side panels? 1590785580838.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did you remove these cockpit side panels? View attachment 120790
Lol, make yourself skinny... you have to lay down IN the rear compartment, with your head toward the front, and legs and feet wherever they want to be, then reach up in and over a plywood divider, and undo one nut. Then, for the starboard side, I had to take the door off the helm compartment, to allow my chest to fit through, and scoot almost all the way in, being careful not to stress the steering system, as the steering cables are in the way, then reach rearward to access the three nuts holding the front triangular section in place. Once those four nuts (and washers) are off on each side, it’s just a matter of gently prying it off. Biggest hurdle is fitting into the compartments.

jkdotcom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol, make yourself skinny... you have to lay down IN the rear compartment, with your head toward the front, and legs and feet wherever they want to be, then reach up in and over a plywood divider, and undo one nut. Then, for the starboard side, I had to take the door off the helm compartment, to allow my chest to fit through, and scoot almost all the way in, being careful not to stress the steering system, as the steering cables are in the way, then reach rearward to access the three nuts holding the front triangular section in place. Once those four nuts (and washers) are off on each side, it’s just a matter of gently prying it off. Biggest hurdle is fitting into the compartments.
Thanks - I was afraid that was the case. I was also thinking I could take out the side well and reach up to get to it

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks - I was afraid that was the case. I was also thinking I could take out the side well and reach up to get to it
It might be an option, but it was one I really didn’t feel like I wanted to explore.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
More details later, just wanted to share a picture of today's install (except engine hatch, still working on new insulation)

View attachment 111789View attachment 111790
I have a 2008 AR210 that I likely just need the couple back engine hatch cushions reupholstered - so I'm trying to match the white vinyl that's already on the boat -- do you know which color and brand of white was used on yours? Closest we've found so far is Morbern Newport Chalk. If you could tell me what color and where you found it I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2008 AR210 that I likely just need the couple back engine hatch cushions reupholstered - so I'm trying to match the white vinyl that's already on the boat -- do you know which color and brand of white was used on yours? Closest we've found so far is Morbern Newport Chalk. If you could tell me what color and where you found it I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.
I don't know what he used and he has since left the area, i would guess it was whatever the "standard" is as i got the impression he just went to a local supplier

BHudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 111523

Picked up my cushions today, they look very good for what I've seen, they're shrink wrapped and i was surprised to see he found the hammer tone top fabric, it will probably be a few weeks before we install them

Did you ever find the source of the hammered grey vinyl? I just need to do my swim deck seats and would like a close match.

Thanks