• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to best beach a jet boat

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At beaches I like to back in and float like @fairpilot stated, but when we go to restaurants on the water quite often its either beach your boat or just don't go.

And daddy needs a Bushwacker!!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I never beach, why would you need to, I mean all you need is 6-12" water to float. Just end up scratching bottom. When I buy or look at used boats I always spend time underneath, it does say alot..
Out on the Colorado River beaching is a big part of the boating experience. Whether it be for a family lunch or starting a party on the sand bar it is something that is widely done. This is why I spent the $$$ on a Keel Guard that ran the entire length of the boat.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would just come in close shut off motors and the spin around by hand and not beach it.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Something like this works too!

Beach it!.gif

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is how I beach mine.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I typically come into shore, pivot, drop the anchor and then reverse back into the shore. If there's wave action on the lake, I keep the boat a bit farther off the shore and thus bottom to keep the pricy bits from bouncing off sand. I also typically use a shore spike to hold the stern in. This works good at most locations at our lake.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I never beach, why would you need to, I mean all you need is 6-12" water to float. Just end up scratching bottom. When I buy or look at used boats I always spend time underneath, it does say alot..
I couldn’t agree more Pilot, but some people don’t think like us. To them, the experience is the priority, not the equipment. Some people happily line up right behind the muddy 4X4 at the drive-thru car wash. Me, I go to the pay-N-spray or wash my vehicles at home. I can tell you this though, when I go to sell something, I get my asking. And if I saw a boat for sale with a KeelGuard, that would set off alarm bells. To each his own I guess…

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve beached my boat nearly a 100 times since starting this thread and never installed a keel guard. Don’t have any scratches and the keel looks like it’s never been beached. Guess I’m lucky this beach has nice soft sand. Never beached it on a rocky sandy mixed beach.