• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to clean bimini cover?

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The boat is home and will be winterized and brought to storage today. I have noticed that my bimini cover (not the bimini itself) has gotten quite dirty. Any suggestions on how to clean this without damaging the fabric? Boat is a 2011 AR240. Thanks.

The boat is home and will be winterized and brought to storage today. I have noticed that my bimini cover (not the bimini itself) has gotten quite dirty. Any suggestions on how to clean this without damaging the fabric? Boat is a 2011 AR240. Thanks.
If you mean the bimini boot, I put mine in the washing machine using deft detergent for babies. Do not use spin cycle. Let it dry on the line.

Yes, I was referring to the boot. I was debating between the washing machine and the power washer, but I think the washing machine will be a little more gentle. Thanks.

I used to hang my tube on it to dry. It resulted in some mildew spots on it. I stopped hanging it there and they are fading naturally in the sun...

I did put it in the washing machine and it helped, but I think I will try some hand scrubbing in the spring.

Back