• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get to a long gelcoat scratch under the boat under the front bunk.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1995.jpg Got a DIY IMG_1996.jpg problem that I need a little help figuring out. I noticed a long gelcoat scratch extending from the front of one of my bunks. I recently re-carpeted my bunks and think a staple may have somehow imbedded in the carpet and created the scratch when I put the boat on the trailer. So my question is how do I get at the scratch under the boat where the bunks are? Can I jack up the hull safely to get at the area (DIY) using the floor jacks?

Thanks

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have used a floor jack with a block of 2x4 between the boat and the jack to lift the bow of my boat off the trailer in order to adjust the front trailer bunks. Once I had the boat high enough I used 2 jack stands with a 4x4 spaning to support the bow.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You will need to get boat jacks and lift the boat off the trailer. It costs about $1200 for the jacks from Defender.com + supplies and work fixing the gelcoat. Probably costs about $350 to take it somewhere and have them do it.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replace the permanent bunk with a temp one that is shorter and leaves the scratch accessible.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unknown-3.jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg Unknown-4.jpeg I found these on the web but have yet to locate a dealer. If anyone knows or has some experience with this jack let me know.