• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hull cleaner and wax

Hockeyguy1960

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Can anyone suggest a good hull cleaner for 2015 Yamaha AR192…it’s been out of the lake for a few months and has some scaling and algae from last summer…also do I need to wax the hull and if so what kind of wax would anyone recommend? Thx! I bought it used 2 years ago…hull looked waxed

Can anyone suggest a good hull cleaner for 2015 Yamaha AR192…it’s been out of the lake for a few months and has some scaling and algae from last summer…also do I need to wax the hull and if so what kind of wax would anyone recommend? Thx! I bought it used 2 years ago…hull looked waxed
Regular car or boat soap will work if it's not too bad, otherwise a hull cleaner product will get it done. No need to wax the bottom as the friction with the water will just strip it off. I wax all exposed fiberglass surfaces, inside and out to protect it from sun and weather. I wax down to where the reverse chine is at the transom and forward along an imaginary "water line" to the bow. I also wax around under the swim platform down around the jets to the bottom.

I was using a liquid wax but have switched to Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic spray wax as my current favourite as it's so easy to apply and doesn't leave a white film behind - it dries clear. I tested it on the truck rear window and it works. Makes it easy to use and no need to worry about getting some on metal, plastic, or rubber trim. I use it on both the boat and my vehicles. They also make a liquid wax version of the Hybrid Ceramic which I'm going to use to apply the base coat again this spring, and then a quick wax with the spray after a wash. I can wax a car in 10 minutes with it and appears to be as durable as other polymer waxes. Best part is it's not expensive and easy to use = good deal.
:)

Mix muriatic acid with your car wash soap/water. It works great for the lime scale & water stains. Brush it on, let it sit a minute or two, scrub a little and it's clean without harming your boat.

I used the starbright hull cleaner works ok I ran out so I’ve been using the Krud Kutter vehicle and boat cleaner no bleach and the scaling and algae is coming off pretty good with a heavy duty toilet brush and grill pad brush…no scratches!
Of course I’m on the mechanics creeper on my back the whole time but it’s close enough to come off.

Back