• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydro-Teak or Seadek Group Buy

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I purchased a complete set of the snow camo seadek from Will during the Christmas sale. I can't wait to get it installed.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just for some clarification on the three products:

Hydro Turf and Hydro-Teak is the same product. We have created the Hydro-Teak name for our own marketing but it is really the same thing. Same chemical makeup and all. Hydro-Turf is what Yamaha uses at the factory for the swim platforms.

Hydro-Teak is an open cell foam rubber. Open cell foam can absorb liquids and has shown a tendency to deteriorate a bit faster than SeaDek. Keeping a cover on the boat helps prevent the deterioration also called powdering. For the moment we are limited to only one color combo, Charcoal Gray Over Black. We tried the Slate Gray Over Black but the material was not consistent enough in the top color's thickness and caused major quality control problems.

SeaDek is a closed cell EVA foam and will not absorb liquids. This product tends to be about 20% higher in cost when compared to the Hydro-Teak and longer lasting. SeaDek also comes in a multitude of color choices. You can pick any top color and pair it with any bottom color to get a really trick look. Also you can choose the top surface texture. Either embossed tread dots or brushed finish. SeaDek has some really cool looking wood colors so you can recreate a true Teak wood look if you like.

I have not given a lot of consideration to doing a group buy this early in the season, but might consider it if the numbers were strong. Let me put some thought to it.

I really like the SeaDek since it is closed cell and more durable. That is at least until I hear the price difference. Will what are the respective prices to do an entire 242LS in faux teak SeaDek vs Hydro-Teak without or rather prior to any group buy discount? The color combination in this pic is mocha over black and I like that a lot better than the gray. Thanks for the help / info Will.

http://www.seadek.com/blog/faux-teak-seadek-yamaha-kit/

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@primedoc I just called Will yesterday to go through all the options and main differences between the two products. Now I am leaning towards the Titanium Teak in Seadek. That's the closest color match to the carpet in an AR 240. The price difference is 160 for a whole boat including extra pads for a 240 /242. Templates are on Jetboat Pilot's website to see the extra pads.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For example the 242 cockpit in SeaDek faux teak is $575.95 while the Hydro-Teak is $479.95. Optional mats are $39.95 each and there are three of them in the cockpit.

242 Swim Platform pads in the same SeaDek are $359.95 while the Hydro-Teak is $299.95.

Logos like you've seen attached are $125 including the design work. If you have a logo the price is the same, as I will have to convert it to the file type that my machine will understand.

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Trm1765 We first removed all the carpets and floor snaps, which required the holes to be filled (3m-4200), this task was about an hour in total.
The removal of the OEM Hydroturf is what took so long....(Had I had a pressure washer this would have been a quick task as well). Once all the turf was removed we were left with the adhesive...Several hours was spent using acetone and a plastic putty knife to completely remove all the adhesive.

Cheers!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The pressure washer technique has saved us tons of time in the turf removal process. Just be careful that you don't blast areas where the gelcoat is cracked or chipped. The blast can remove gelcoat in areas like that.

Once we have all the old mats off we come back and remove the glue around the edges so we get a good edge-lock on the new mats. Just make sure you don't have large chunks left behind and you'll be ok with leaving the glue behind in the center of the area where the old mats once were.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@primedoc I just called Will yesterday to go through all the options and main differences between the two products. Now I am leaning towards the Titanium Teak in Seadek. That's the closest color match to the carpet in an AR 240. The price difference is 160 for a whole boat including extra pads for a 240 /242. Templates are on Jetboat Pilot's website to see the extra pads.
I first thought that I liked the different gray shades of teak (sportier looking), but as I kept researching I have started to think that the Faux Teak looks a little classier / higher end. What do you guys think?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi Primedoc. (nice avatar)
I agree the faux teak has a classy appeal and dresses out the boat nicely. My motivation for gray is driven primarily my the match with my interior. I have the standard white/gray/black pinstripe seats. My goal is to compliment that.

If I had one of those unbelievably beautiful Champagne colored Yammi's like @Topper232 with his house match......I'd be all over it !!

hope this helps VS adding decision conflict.

Jpmatt16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be in this if we do a group buy.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am hoping to get my hydroteak installed next week. Here is a previews of Will's great work

image.jpg image.jpg

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am hoping to get my hydroteak installed next week. Here is a previews of Will's great work

View attachment 3067 View attachment 3068
Bruce - that looks awesome!!!

You've made me give pause to a design on the swimdeck. I was of the mind set that - they look great on other people's boats but not mine - hmmm.

I have SeaDek on my old boats swim deck, 10 mil thick, and we love it! So on our new AR were going all out, cockpit and swimdeck.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am leaning towards Seadek throughout the entire boat including the trailer kit. Like the faux teak storm grey over black.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wanted to show some pics of what I am leaning towards in the Seadek. It was hard to find detailed pics of Faux Teak Storm Grey over black in Seadek on a real boat. I did get some samples but they are small. Here is what it looks like on a large scale throughout the entire boat. It matches the stock colors and carpet pretty well. seadek7.jpg seadek0.jpg seadek1.jpg seadek2.jpg seadek3.jpg seadek4.jpg seadek5.jpg seadek6.jpg

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
SeaDeck????? What about that boat? That thing is AMAZING!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered from Will last summer and installed my own. I'm very pleased with it. Here's a picture.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@HawkTX is that Seadek or Hydro-Teak?