• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydro-Teak or Seadek Group Buy

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wanted to show some pics of what I am leaning towards in the Seadek. It was hard to find detailed pics of Faux Teak Storm Grey over black in Seadek on a real boat. I did get some samples but they are small. Here is what it looks like on a large scale throughout the entire boat. It matches the stock colors and carpet pretty well. View attachment 3112 View attachment 3113 View attachment 3114 View attachment 3115 View attachment 3116 View attachment 3117 View attachment 3118 View attachment 3119
This boat looks awesome!! Any idea what it is? I'm sure it's at least a half million dollar boat.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Granted 550K is alot. But looking at the boat in the pictures above, I figured well into 1M. Just noticed "starting" at 550K. Amazing looking boat.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-MTI-42-SV-102028397
Granted 550K is alot. But looking at the boat in the pictures above, I figured well into 1M. Just noticed "starting" at 550K. Amazing looking boat.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-MTI-42-SV-102028397

I'll just use my tax refund to pick one up next month. LOL

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be interested in a Group buy..Seadeck faux teak gray over black. just my rear swim platform pads..

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm ready. Now I just have to pick the type and color and whether I'll do the whole she-bang or just the swim platform.

I sent a message to Will, but now that I think about it, since I'm replacing the old stuff, I'll need more than just the Swim Platform - I have black now and the kit I used had pieces for the anchor locker too. That will need to be replaced along with all the rest.

Just sent an email to the boss asking if she wants to keep the carpet (which is in pretty good shape) of go will all Hydro Teak or Seadeck ....decisions, decisions....

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am also interested. I contacted Will about the Faux Teak a couple weeks ago so this comes at a good time.

Jeff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm interested also. Want to go with the Faux Teak which I think would look great, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of my carpet was lost in my house fire in January, so I'm in on a group buy!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
All of my carpet was lost in my house fire in January, so I'm in on a group buy!
Ouch!!! Sorry to hear about that. But welcome to the Forum!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a bummer. Hope insurance took the sting out of that. Welcome to the forum, glad to see you're back on the water.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can someone head up this group buy discussion? I need to know how many are truly on board to see if we should approve it now or wait till fall when things are slower. Keep in mind we have to keep a staff of 7 on board throughout the off season and sales then really help out with making payroll.

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did this gain any traction? I'm interested in the Hydro-teak.

Cheers,
Toby

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I get from the thread and my hopes are for an off season buy in early 2015.. Right now all my mod cash is spent and fuel is priority..

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought Hydro-teak from Will last Sept/ Oct and installed it this season. It's super easy to do and it came out looking great. It's very nice to walk on and from what I've seen not much water absorbs into it. It reminds me of putting rainX on a windshield. It sort of bubbles and rolls off. Since it's open cell I'm sure some water is absorbed, but not much. I also ordered a sample of SeaDek before I chose the HT. Honestly I didn't like the textured look to it up close. Although from a distance it resembles real teak, the feel and the up close look of it looks more like a rigid foam... which it is. I also personally didn't like the feel of it. The HT feels much softer to walk on because of it's smooth surface. At a lower price point and a color that I thought complimented my boat better I went with HT. And in no way am I putting down the SeaDek. I still think it looks great on our boats and is what I originally wanted. Just my personal preference fell towards the HT. You can't go wrong with either.

I also took a pebble and ran it across both the Hyrdo-teak and the SeaDek. Sadly, both will mark up just as easy. I have a strict "no shoes allowed" rule this year. I'm also a little concerned about putting the wakeboard on on the back of the boat now. It'll be too easy to mark up the rear transom pads.

Here are a few threads with pics of my Hydro-Teak installed. I love the results! Thanks again, Will.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/summer-projects-done-i-think.1743/

https://jetboaters.net/threads/day-started-out-bad-but-ended-good.1982/#post-30865

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After spending four days on the boat over the holiday, it is clear I will be joining in on the next group buy for hydro-teak. I regularly brush the dust off and spray with protectant; but it isn't half the mat it used to be.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm also interested in Hydro-Teak

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im in for Hydro-teak too.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am potentially interested in the swim platform.

Cotay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be interested in the swim deck package with custom engraving, the flip down seat, the swimdeck walkthrough and the front anchor locker...