• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2019

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many jumped at the deal? I so want/need this, but spent so much on other things this last year or so... UGH!
A good amount! It is an investment, there's no doubt. But it makes a big difference in your enjoyment / relaxation on the water, particularly if water sports are involved. That said, we've had several people just buy it for the engine sync or for cruising.

We'll be here whenever it makes sense for you!

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In for 1 before the deadline yesterday...look forward to installing it in the spring. Thanks for the offering the discount to us all @Ridesteady!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to boating, @cbpagent72 !

To get an idea of what's involved in installing Ridesteady, you can watch our Yamaha install video here:

You can also read through the install part (first half or so) of the manual here: Install Guides & How-To Videos | HYDROPHASE LLC

You can reference other customer's installs here (though the manual should always take precedence): Customer Installs | HYDROPHASE LLC

Generally speaking, if you're somewhat handy, you shouldn't have a problem installing Ridesteady. It's really just about following the instructions and getting in touch with us if you have any questions.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I missed the deal but may buy anyway. How hard is it to install for a new boater?
It really isn’t hard. For me, the hardest part was actually disconnecting those wide factory APS connectors. If you can do that, everything else is a breeze, lol. There’s just not a whole lot of space to stick your finger or a tool in between the connector and the bulkhead wall - to press on the tub and pull the connector out - at the same time. Or something like that (I know, it’s embarassing to admit!)

Put the other way:
Compared to the Perfect Pass system. This is about 10 times easier, and benefits are huge.

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to boating, @cbpagent72 !

To get an idea of what's involved in installing Ridesteady, you can watch our Yamaha install video here:

You can also read through the install part (first half or so) of the manual here: Install Guides & How-To Videos | HYDROPHASE LLC

You can reference other customer's installs here (though the manual should always take precedence): Customer Installs | HYDROPHASE LLC

Generally speaking, if you're somewhat handy, you shouldn't have a problem installing Ridesteady. It's really just about following the instructions and getting in touch with us if you have any questions.
Thanks for the reply, I looked at the video it looks pretty straightforward. Are you guys anticipating another upcoming sale?

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got my before the deadline. My only problem now is waiting for winter to leave so I can take the shrink wrap off the boat and install this before the April 30th deadline for $100 off.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply, I looked at the video it looks pretty straightforward. Are you guys anticipating another upcoming sale?
No, there are no other sales planned. But we still have the $100 back for install pics / info!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe you can extend the offer by a day, lol. Today is the Yamaha big reveal of the new 27’er.

Yes please extend it, i haven't even gotten the boat yet. Will be here on friday, then ill be ordering all the upgrades i need...

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, there are no other sales planned. But we still have the $100 back for install pics / info!
So i missed the sale discount? How much is the MSRP of this system? And we still can get the $100 back for install pics? Please LMK

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So i missed the sale discount? How much is the MSRP of this system? And we still can get the $100 back for install pics? Please LMK
Yes, I'm afraid the $50 discount is over, however, the $100 back for install pics / info is still ongoing. If you want to email your boat year/ model to info@hydrophase.com we can go over what you would need specifically for your setup!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a must, just watched the vids and i need this. so much easier to maintain wake surf speeds...
Rueben - I would agree. However, as with any and all mods, I would ride the boat "as is" at first for at least some time to get a sense for your "baseline".

About the R-S, although it is mainly advertised as a water sports cruise control, I think you will love it even more in the ocean as the throttle levers/binnacles are notoriously prone to "drooping" in rough water and hard to control precisely with boat hitting waves and jumping up and down; with the R-S you can push the throttles all the way up (where they never "drop" when hitting waves) and use the knob to control RPM (or GPS speed). Not to mention the synching of the engines that gives you that nice "hum". You know, like a twin turbo-prop plane, lol.

--

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From my understanding this is not available on a 2008 212x correct?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's the list from the website. It looks like the 212x may be from 2012-current model years. Although other 21' models go back top 2006. The definitive way to tell would be to pop open the engine compartment and look to see if your throttle cable terminates at a APS, as shown in the image below. If its compatible it has one.20190302_124432.jpg

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@J-RAD has it right - unfortunately, 212x models older than 2012 did not have the APS sensor or it's related circuitry, so we have no way to interface with your engines. You might try Perfectpass.