• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2022

WhalerMax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Ordered, thanks!

I went through everyone else's 212x pictures looking to see if anyone found a good location for a third gauge cut out and did not see much. I wanted the round mount because it does not look like an add-on but want to find a place to drill it in. Depending on depth, thinking the right side near control box but would love if anyone else has a better option

Also, saw some replacing RPM with it, but think I want to have both RPM visible

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordered, thanks!

I went through everyone else's 212x pictures looking to see if anyone found a good location for a third gauge cut out and did not see much. I wanted the round mount because it does not look like an add-on but want to find a place to drill it in. Depending on depth, thinking the right side near control box but would love if anyone else has a better option

Thanks for your order @WhalerMax !

Yeah, not too many 212x in-dash examples.

My guess is that you have a 2017 or 2018?

Here's a 2020 (no analog tachs): https://www.hydrophase.com/content/2020-yamaha-212x-1

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I literally only came back here during winter hiatus only to see if this sale was on. And here it is!
I missed it last year or it wasn't held so I had to wait another year.

Without wading through all the install pictures, are there pictures of the different bezel colors? I'm thinking black/black would be best for a 2018 AR195?

Is it correct that I don't need sensors? ie it will use the factory water temp?

I don't have a TR-1 engine, correct?

Thanks.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I literally only came back here during winter hiatus only to see if this sale was on. And here it is!
I missed it last year or it wasn't held so I had to wait another year.

Without wading through all the install pictures, are there pictures of the different bezel colors? I'm thinking black/black would be best for a 2018 AR195?

Is it correct that I don't need sensors? ie it will use the factory water temp?

I don't have a TR-1 engine, correct?

Thanks.
Fantastic! Glad you're back from the winter hiatus just in time! :)

Here are install pics specifically of AR195s: https://www.hydrophase.com/search/node/ar195

But below is a capture from a 2018 AR195. Yes, I would think black / black would be the way to go.

You can't share the water temp sensor signal with the factory one. If you want Ridesteady to display temps, you'd have to buy / install the Ridesteady ones.

That's correct, you don't have the TR-1 engine. That's on the newer 210s.

1644341024144.png

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once this is installed does the factory cruise/no wake no longer work?

USKBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just got mine delivered this week. Really impressed with the packaging and instructions. Anxious to get it installed once the boat is back.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got mine delivered this week. Really impressed with the packaging and instructions. Anxious to get it installed once the boat is back.
Thanks for the kind words, @USKBoater ! Yeah, hopefully the warm weather will get here sooner than later!

WebJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered mine for a 2019 AR195! I think its going to make pulling riders SO much easier for everyone.

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 ar240, best display option? External i am assuming. I posted in old thread sorry as well lol. Nav light dont understand that option. IS The Water and air temp difficult to connect and is this already included on the extenal display mount?

Last edited:

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2019 ar240, best display option? External i am assuming. I posted in old thread sorry as well lol. Nav light dont understand that option. IS The Water and air temp difficult to connect and is this already included on the extenal display mount?
Thanks for your interest, @arodr72 ! Yeah, the "External Display" is really the only option for your 2019 AR240, unless you plan on getting creative with in-dash hole making.

The air / water temp aren't included, they're optional at checkout. The air temp couldn't be simpler to connect. The water temp takes a little more work. You can watch our install video here to get an overview of what's involved: https://www.hydrophase.com/support?term_node_tid_depth=30 . Skip to 12:45.

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some have chosen to mount the in-dash display in place of one of the tachometers, but if you do that, that tachometer needs to stay connected to the Connext system behind the dash (secured with a zip tie or whatever).
I think this is actually the best option, replacing the starboard tach. Do you know of anybody who has experience installing Ridesteady in (or near) Miami FL?

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordered, thanks!

You still can have both RPM visible. Only one of them in analog format, the other in digital.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think this is actually the best option, replacing the starboard tach. Do you know of anybody who has experience installing Ridesteady in (or near) Miami FL?
Any boat dealer or even mechanic can install it, as long as they're willing to read the instructions. There's also a video that goes through an install to give you or a mechanic an idea of what's involved here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support?term_node_tid_depth=30