• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I Am Beside Myself -Long Long Rant

Have you tried a clay bar?

Have you tried a clay bar?

Yep. I tried and the 2 detailing shops tried as well. They also tried paint thinner and a heat gun, acetone, gas, , etc - nothing.

First detailer gave me a $300 written estimate, then gave it a try - he tried everything he had. Then asked for the estimate back :banghead: and suggested getting it repainted.

When I got hit with some white highway paint I found there was some ground glass in it. It makes it super tough and reflects light at night. I had an auto body remove. I believe they used acetone but I didn't have a lot.

I've had some yellow line splatter before. It IS a sob to get off! I ended up letting it dry completely (30 days) and picking each splatter off by hand. It took me hours and hours but ended up looking like nothing happened. I used my finger nail and hard plastic paint stirrer sticks (had a tough sharp edge) followed by a clay bar.

Wow, that totally blows man. I am sorry! I hope somehow you can get that company to pay!

I just came from a highly recommended detailer. He can't get it to budge. Apparently it is an epoxy based paint that contains micro glass for reflective purposes. He tried wetsanding a small area, and came to the conclusion that the car's clearcoat would come off before this splatter would.
I'll call my insurance company in a little while.

Wow, that is sickening.....

I don't know what type of road you were on. If a city or county call the local office and they will now who was doin g the work. If DOT same story call the local office. They too will know who the contractor is. At either agency ask or look up the traffic division. I work with these agencies on a daily basis. You need to find the contractor. The agencies will do nothing as they are not liable. Remember in the future don't leave. Pull into their work zone and find the inspector. They are or should be onsite

Happened to me years ago.
Did the insurance
Got reimbursed but the State later

Don t worry about CARFAX...
Your situation is explainable anyway.

Sorry that happened, stinks

I'm not allowed to post on topics such as this. Sorry you had to deal with this. :cool:

I honestly would look for the contractor before doing an insurance claim. They will take care of it.

I honestly would look for the contractor before doing an insurance claim. They will take care of it.

I've tried thru several phone calls to CT DOT. They tell me that the contractor is a sub, therefore all claims need to go thru DOT.
So I will need to go thru my insurance, who will turn around and seek $$$'s from DOT, who will then turn around and seek $$$ from their sub contractor.
Talked to insurance a short time ago - they confirmed that will go after DOT for the full amount, and then send me my deductible back when/if they receive full reimbursement. But they also stated that my premium may or may not go up due to the claim, even though it's "no fault", even though they might receive 100% reimbursement.

Uggghhh, don't we all hate the way insurance companies operate....

Have you tried xylene on it? That is what they use to clean the road striping machines.

Have you tried xylene on it? That is what they use to clean the road striping machines.

Haven't tried it straight up - but the biggest active ingredient in Goof Off is xylene - tried that.

Octavio: First, I am not providing you legal advice. We are conversing as friends in a forum. I will state I detest insurance companies. They are in the business of reducing legitimate claim amounts by their well known tactics of delay, deny and defend. It provides me great pleasure when I take large amounts of their money. That being said, it appears your only option is to pursue this through your own auto insurer, and insist that the clean up and repair is done properly, without the cutting of corners. You can be assured your insurance company will attempt to cut corners at any opportunity to save money. You must stay on top of the adjuster and do not permit this. Work with a reputable shop that will "go to bat" for you against the insurer. Remember this. As friendly as your claims adjuster appears, he is not looking out for your best interest. His best interest is in cutting corners to save the company money. Once the claim goes through subrogation (there is a standard process for this) and liability is established, you should receive your deductible. The only issue you are left with is your "Dimunition in Value" claim. Basically, this type of claim is based on the fact that damage to a motor vehicle results in a loss in market value, even after the damage has been repaired. As you are aware, the resale value of your new car could be diminished due to actual damage or to the stigma carried by the repairs. I checked and in CT, this is a claim that is made against the party who caused the damages, rather than your own insurer. Generally, insurance companies do not want you to know of this type of claim, for obvious reasons. You could make this claim, but practically, it will cost you more to prove your case than what the diminished value is actually worth. You would need an expert to testify on your behalf and of course, this costs. Your only other option is to go after the state, and you'd have to check CT law to determine the specific steps you must take to preserve your rights. There is usually a set procedure and time limit to place the state on notice of your claim. A real PITA. Just go through your insurance, and keep a record of this loss in your files so you can provide it to a potential purchaser of your car a few years from now. If your insurer raises your rates, most states have a specific complaint procedure where you can file a complaint against an insurer for raising your rates arbitrarily in a case such as yours where you were not at fault. We do this in my state, and the insurer always backs down when they are caught doing this. Believe me, they try. Unfortunately, many people in this state are not aware of their rights and just bend over, spread the cheeks, and take it, as the insurance company sticks it in them. Did I tell you I hate insurance companies? Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Subaru1.jpg Subaru3.jpg Here's a few pics I should've posted before. Just a fewSubaru2.jpg . It's like this from front to back.

Looks same as what I had. Best method is picking it off. I would hate to repaint that car.

Dang! That splatter is everywhere!

That is not just a paint job anymore. There are going to be parts that need to be replaced if that paint is fully bonded.

Back