• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I got some disappointing news from Perfect Pass

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Isn't the perfect pass LCD / controller / speedometer supposed to replace the stock analog speedometer?
His speedo is on the touch screen

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Isn't the perfect pass LCD / controller / speedometer supposed to replace the stock analog speedometer?
The problem is I have only 2 analog gauges (RPM). Replacing only 1 with PP would be odd.
@JCampbell

Last edited:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I agree, I wouldn't want to get rid of a tachometer either. @scot71 had a good suggestion. It your good at fabrication (or know someone who is) you could replace the yamaha logo in the center of the steering wheel... I couldn't do it but that woild be pretty cool.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@OperationROL , Neil, do the 2015 tachs have any purpose except for being a tachometer? The connecx system does all other operations now doesn't it? That dash is flat pretty much. Why not just fabricate a blank, and incorporate two smaller tachs, pp, and the screen?

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just lurking on this topic, but looking @ the pics of the dash, I would consider mounting just above steering column below the tachs.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Replace one tach with PP and the other with a duel tach.
Wandering-tach-on-Chaparral.jpg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL , Neil, do the 2015 tachs have any purpose except for being a tachometer? The connecx system does all other operations now doesn't it? That dash is flat pretty much. Why not just fabricate a blank, and incorporate two smaller tachs, pp, and the screen?
No other purpose at all.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If that is the case, I would get a dual gauge tach and get on with the install, or buy two smaller singles, refab the dash, and install them with room to spare. That dash is significantly easier to duplicate than my two panel, beveled and rolled dash.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@OperationROL I was thinking about a very cool mod Neil, and your situation lends itself to it perfectly! Pull the dash, trace it out, and make a flat panel dash out of black acrylic, and light it from behind with RGB! You can't see through it, and the effect is very cool! That way, you get your gauges moved around to accommodate the new perfect pass, get a very cool look to the dash, and get some really cool backlighting all in one mod!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL I was thinking about a very cool mod Neil, and your situation lends itself to it perfectly! Pull the dash, trace it out, and make a flat panel dash out of black acrylic, and light it from behind with RGB! You can't see through it, and the effect is very cool! That way, you get your gauges moved around to accommodate the new perfect pass, get a very cool look to the dash, and get some really cool backlighting all in one mod!
Mel............I love this idea! Lets chat the next time I am in TX. I may create the template and bring that with me and we can noodle around the options! I love you guys!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think the best way to make a new dash would be to cast the current dash and than modify the cast. Once modified the way you want mold the new dash from the cast.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just looking at your dash Adam, @Williamsone46 , it looks so flat, I don't know why you couldn't just cut to template, a flat piece of acrylic/king starboard/plexiglass/or other material, drill it, and go. It doesn't appear to have the contours that the previous dashes had. That is why I thought a nice black acrylic would give the ability to have a dash that you couldn't see through, but that RGB lights would illuminate from behind. Even if there is a small amount of contour around the gauges, nothing says they can't be flush mounted on a flat surface. It may not be as appealing as a contoured dash, I don't know, I haven't seen the dash on the '15, but it definitely doesn't have near as much stuff to move as mine does! lol

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oh my, this could be good!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@txav8r it's not very flat. The gauges wouldn't be bad flush mounted, but the connext needs to sunk in.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I could go either was with this. I do like the
@txav8r it's not very flat. The gauges wouldn't be bad flush mounted, but the connext needs to sunk in.
Very good point. I would want the Connext system to be sunken as it is today.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, I see it has some beveling and contour...but way less than previous dashes. I think it is very doable, for that matter, a guy with a cnc or a template follower, could easily take that dash and just rout it down to match. Not sure how much someone would charge, but it is worth checking into. @Cory has a cnc machine he was doing acrylic rings with, not sure how fancy he can get or if size constraints are an issue. Even if you just recessed the gauges and connect in a recess, router cut that you did by hand with a template follower would look good possibly.

Maas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any updates?