• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I got some disappointing news from Perfect Pass

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So......when the 2015's came out, I learned that Murphy makes the Connext display/system. Having knowledge that Murphy makes the systems for MasterCraft and other wake boats that have Perfect Pass integrated, I set out on a mission to get Perfect Pass integrated into Connext for the Yamahas. I have been in contact via phone and email with Perfect Pass and recently received the below email explaining that it is doubtful that Perfect Pass can get Yamaha and Murphy to work together on this project. I am really disappointed. It would have been nice to have Perfect Pass integrated. Besides, I have 2 analog gauges. Removing 1 to replace with Perfect Pass will leave one analog gauge remaining. That just will not feel right. I will have to figure out another gauge to replace the other tach with. I still have a tiny bit of hope......but not much.

Their message:

Hi Neil. Further to your enquiry regarding the 2015 Yamaha Dash, we are not working with Murphy/ Yamaha on any integration. These integrations (Which we have done before) are complex and requires significant effort which is unlikely to occur with these parties.

My answer back to them this morning:

Thanks for the reply Gary. This is disappointing news. 100% of all the folks that I personally know that own the 2015's already are interested in this solution. I am 100% sure, you would sell this solution like hotcakes and could probably add a premium for the Connext (Murphy) integration. Please keep me updated if you figure out a way to work with Yamaha and Murphy to develop this solution. Also, is there a contact in Yamaha and Murphy that you feel I could reach out to that may help in this project? Or does your gut tell you that it is an IMPOSSIBLE task?

Thanks,
Neil Thomas

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bummer...is there no space to add a gauge?
No. There is no extra space to completely add a new gauge. To add PP, you will have to use one of the spots for the 2 analog tachs. So now I am left to figure out an appropriate new gauge to fit the other hole and one that size.
24-connext.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if there's a gauge that has two tachs built in?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Bummer...

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder if there's a gauge that has two tachs built in?
I thought of that. I had an ambient air temperature gauge on our last boat so I thought of that as well, but they are all smaller than the hole. I assume the hole is 3-1/4".

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Could you put it where the sticker is on the right side?
You know........I will have to take a look this weekend. Good suggestion!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
how about making one to fit where the cup holder is?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
how about making one to fit where the cup holder is?
Thought of that too, but I really enjoy having the cupholder there. btw....Yamaha has done a great job of making a bunch of areas available now to place drinks, keys, wallet, etc.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Doesn't the boat already come to some kind of cruise assist, perfect pass type system,or something that would let you maintain a desired speed?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Doesn't the boat already come to some kind of cruise assist, perfect pass type system,or something that would let you maintain a desired speed?
It comes with cruise assist, which is nice to maintain RPM's but by no means a PP equivalent.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I gotta ask.......IS perfect pass really that important for dragging the kids and recreational boarder around the lake? Or is it just a another bell and whistle to "keep up with the Jones'" kind of thing. Another gizmo to make a bow rider feel more like a $130,000 wakeboard boat? Only reason I ask is I have pulled many boarders behind my rig and I don't think any of them could tell the difference between 18 mph and 20 mph. I could do a darn good job just bumping the cruise assist up and down.

I think it also helps to offset the throttles by 500-1000 rpm, so when you do bump the cruise assist it isn't exactly X2 in power, it's more like X1.5, kind of exponential if you know what I mean.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
PP is godsent even for pulling a recreational wakeboarder. When you get a fat kid carving hard and speed up, a lot of the time you can over accelerate and he goes flying at 30MPH across the wake before the driver realizes it. There's a lot you're paying attention to and PP makes is so much nicer. After I get finished putting all the shit I have in this box on my boat, I'll probably order a PP... so in like 5 years.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@BigN8 That's like asking is DSL really worth it my dial up connection has worked awesome. I think it's one of those things that everyone can live without but once you have it or use it you have to have it!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gotta ask.......IS perfect pass really that important for dragging the kids and recreational boarder around the lake? Or is it just a another bell and whistle to "keep up with the Jones'" kind of thing. Another gizmo to make a bow rider feel more like a $130,000 wakeboard boat? Only reason I ask is I have pulled many boarders behind my rig and I don't think any of them could tell the difference between 18 mph and 20 mph. I could do a darn good job just bumping the cruise assist up and down.

I think it also helps to offset the throttles by 500-1000 rpm, so when you do bump the cruise assist it isn't exactly X2 in power, it's more like X1.5, kind of exponential if you know what I mean.
It's really dependent on who's doing the pulling too. Have your "significant other" give it a try while you're back on the end of the rope. Jet boats are less "connected" to the water. What I mean by that is that rpms are not as good of a way to set a constant speed than with props. Especially when it comes to speed below the boats planing speed. A set rpm below planing speed can vary speed from 8-30 mph once it's up on plane. It's almost impossible (in my ar210) to pull a constant 9 mph without the perfect pass. But hey, results may vary.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

LOL...........I hope you don't feel like you have to "keep up with the Jones" with the cruise control in your car or the power windows that I am sure you have. PP is just another convenience that some value. I never got the argument that 'recreational' participants in anything don't need good equipment. I see it all the time in tennis and golf. My friend told me that he did not want to buy my clubs because he was a 'recreational' golfer and didn't need anything that fancy. The funny thing is they had more technology that provided assistance to his game. The had a larger sweet spot and an offset to counter his slice. He purchase a cheap set from Walmart and continues to no improve. Every once in a while, he uses my new set and talks about his error in not purchasing the other set because he does much better with the better set.

All in all, I have had PP on my previous Yamaha and find it very beneficial. Having PP makes it possible for me to be pulled. At 230 - 260 (yes, I can fluctuate), my cuts change the boat speed constantly without PP. Before PP, I was the only one that could pull someone behind our previous boat. With PP any adult can.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a crappy pic, and I know there are some measurement issues to deal with, but I'm thinking this might work:

e9e7c7b431cd85c1ef14ff1e9d723ff6x.jpg

Easy access, and the throttle handles won't be an issue 'cause when you need to access the gauge they should be at the idle position anyway... any other mounting location looks like it would pose an issue with viewing the display.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What about getting something like this and mounting it where the sticker is, to the right of the steering wheel. You could possibly even paint it to match the interior. 13_GS_Universal_Single_Swivel_Dash_Pod_Main.jpg

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im in, but still undecided where to install on the new 2015. Not good place to install.
Isn't the perfect pass LCD / controller / speedometer supposed to replace the stock analog speedometer?