• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I have found a Yeti (or at least an unbroken scupper)

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found a Yeti, or at least something that no one thought existed in the world. Changed my scupper out today and the old one is in 1 piece. Holy crap !!!

I guess the right thing to do is to offer this up to the highest bidder. Let the bidding begin.

What we have for sale today is an intact Yamaha OEM scupper. The only known one to exist in the free world. We'll start the bidding today at $10,000. Photos below. :D:D

It's got to be worth something doesnt it??

scupper.jpg

Attachments

• scupper.jpg
    scupper.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
Send it back to Yamaha. They may need it for their archives.

i see a beer funnel starting point!
Desk pencil holder?
1x power scope or spyglass?
Vase?

I have a small collection of things on my desk for people to guess what they are...often times these "toys" distract them and they forgot why they visited.....that may be a good adder for the land lovers....

You should sell it back to Yamaha.

It needs to be in their record books!

I have found a Yeti, or at least something that no one thought existed in the world. Changed my scupper out today and the old one is in 1 piece. Holy crap !!!

I guess the right thing to do is to offer this up to the highest bidder. Let the bidding begin.

What we have for sale today is an intact Yamaha OEM scupper. The only known one to exist in the free world. We'll start the bidding today at $10,000. Photos below. :D:D

It's got to be worth something doesnt it??

View attachment 18974
I cry foul. That pic must be photoshopped!! ;)

I got mine out last night and I too have a yeti. @waterboy maybe we have a breeding pair and could sell some of these.

the scupper is the drain that gets the water off of your cabin floor and out of the boat,
on 2009 and older models the scupper exit is below the water line, your scupper exit should be above the water line so you don't have to worry about it,

This is a closeup of the scupper. Sorry, it is the only picture I have of it in it's place.

Attachments

• 20150329_185022.jpg
    20150329_185022.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 17
When I replaced my scupper last spring it was in perfect shape as well. I almost didn't replace it and just left it alone, but why tempt fate.

i see a beer funnel starting point!
Desk pencil holder?
1x power scope or spyglass?
Vase?

I have a small collection of things on my desk for people to guess what they are...often times these "toys" distract them and they forgot why they visited.....that may be a good adder for the land lovers....

How about drilling a hole in the bottom of your boat, insert a piece of plexiglass inside the scupper...not sure how to do that but I'm sure someone here could figure it out...then you could have a peep hole to look into the water. Kinda like a glass bottom boat!!

I have a 2006 AR210 and when we pull the boat out of the water it seems like a bit more water than normal comes out. Could this be due to a faulty scupper? Should I look to changing mine out to a stainless steel?

I have a 2006 AR210 and when we pull the boat out of the water it seems like a bit more water than normal comes out. Could this be due to a faulty scupper? Should I look to changing mine out to a stainless steel?
Could be. Feel the water, if it's warm you have a cooling water leak if it's lake temp you might have a scupper leak.

When i read posts in here it appears to be a never ending topic regarding scupper valves and there reliability, Having put a little thought into this what's stopping me fitting a open / close valve on the scupper pipe as it exits through the rear panel at the back of the engine compartment and running the scupper exit pipe into the bilge area and letting the pump deal with any water that may exit the cabin, If this works it could be an end to all this scupper problems and although i still have an original and it appears ok i can just close the valve and end of the use of the scupper altogether and a re connection is only a few minutes work, It's not as if a lot of water gets in the cabin area anyway, Just wondered if it really is that easy before i do the job, Your comments would be appreciated.

When i read posts in here it appears to be a never ending topic regarding scupper valves and there reliability, Having put a little thought into this what's stopping me fitting a open / close valve on the scupper pipe as it exits through the rear panel at the back of the engine compartment and running the scupper exit pipe into the bilge area and letting the pump deal with any water that may exit the cabin, If this works it could be an end to all this scupper problems and although i still have an original and it appears ok i can just close the valve and end of the use of the scupper altogether and a re connection is only a few minutes work, It's not as if a lot of water gets in the cabin area anyway, Just wondered if it really is that easy before i do the job, Your comments would be appreciated.

If I understand your idea it still keeps the scupper threat alive as a posible 1.5" hole to the lake. ? I dont think any pump will keep up with that.
when the scupper fails it seems to be at the flange or at the jam nut,

My scupper was working as designed, I changed it out as insurance......when I did the scupper failed 1/2 way thru the extraction.

upload_2015-1-3_15-0-38-png.15862

from: https://jetboaters.net/threads/another-successful-scupper-change-out.3186/#post-72771

If I understand your idea it still keeps the scupper threat alive as a posible 1.5" hole to the lake. ? I dont think any pump will keep up with that.
when the scupper fails it seems to be at the flange or at the jam nut,

My scupper was working as designed, I changed it out as insurance......when I did the scupper failed 1/2 way thru the extraction.

upload_2015-1-3_15-0-38-png.15862

from: https://jetboaters.net/threads/another-successful-scupper-change-out.3186/#post-72771
The scupper would be completely isolated as the open/close valve that i envisaged fitting to where the scupper pipe goes through the rear of the engine compartment would stop any water coming back from outside, If it was a possible fix the scupper could be completely blanked off.

and letting the pump deal with any water that may exit the cabin,
Water is all good but the bilge pump won't handle debris very well. By debris I mean the nutter butter peanut butter cookies, grapes, skittles, etc. that kids like to shove down the drain while trying to hide the fact they've dropped something. Somehow That's easier than just picking it up and throwing it away.... does anyone else have that problem or is it just me?

The scupper is there for emergency situations. If you blocked it off and took 50-100 gallons over the bow your bilge pump would be overloaded and needlessly inundate your engines with sea water. That's if you routed the water to the bilge. Most water would stay on the deck and in your ski locker.

@Geoff Cooper, the problem is that the scupper develops a crack where it exits the boat. That crack becomes a source of water into the boat. If the scupper were to break off it would create a 1.5" hole in the hull for water to enter through.

Any valve added inside the hull would not change the result of the crack that forms in the scupper as the crack is right where the scupper passes through the hull.

I would change the scupper if I were you.

@Geoff Cooper, the problem is that the scupper develops a crack where it exits the boat. That crack becomes a source of water into the boat. If the scupper were to break off it would create a 1.5" hole in the hull for water to enter through.

Any valve added inside the hull would not change the result of the crack that forms in the scupper as the crack is right where the scupper passes through the hull.

I would change the scupper if I were you.

Ok i understand that it's not actually the scupper that causes the problem it's the housing that the scupper fits into, Is that right? I have no problem with my scupper it works fine i was just commenting and trying to get around the problem that people seem to be having but i was under the impression that it was the actual scupper valve itself that was creating the problem not a cracked housing as this had not been explained.

Back