• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need a tool

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, i took the board out of the port side engine compartment.
56914.jpeg
It freed up a lot of dead space. I plan on putting both batteries back there.

However, I need to close off the the compartment behind where the batteries use to sit to cut down on the engine noise. So i feel like i need to cut a piece of wood to go side to side in the boat to seal off that compartment due to engine noise. I have not ran the boat like this yet. The board will have to be cut to mirror the curves of the inner hull. Making a template with the shape of the hull to transfer onto plywood is my issue.

At first i thought of using one of these.
Screenshot_20181018-205329_Chrome.jpg
I was gonna use construction paper and open this drawing compass to 90 degrees... i could drag the sharp end gently over the curves while the pencile would drawn on the paper. Essentially duplicating the cuves of the inner hull on the paper to transfer to the ply wood. (I hope ya'll are flowing this). The drawing compass doesnt open to 90 degrees so this wont work... there has to be a tool that will transfer the curves of the hull onto paper to make a template...

Does anyone in this forum with all of the collective knowledge have any solutions?

Cant try cardboard, because you can fold and bend it to shape the area.
After you transfer it to plywood and
If it isnt perfect you could wrap it with sound deadening foam which could seal up imperfections

038728241160.jpg

contour gauge may work 7 bucks at Lowes

You don’t want to make a tray to put them on and just slide them back there?

You don’t want to make a tray to put them on and just slide them back there?
Nah... im gonna put them both in battery boxes... and mounting a dual battery charger on the back wall.. i can get to them easy enough but i rarely have too during the season.

Having been a draftsman/designer for IBM before CAD was around...Another option to a contour gauge, if you are good at freehand is this Timesaver French Curve #26.;)
20181019_124448.jpg

Last edited:
Back