• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ideas on low RPM

xtrm1stang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2004 sx230. New to me. Had impeller housings swollen, replaced with plastic liner housings, tested on Wednesday for the first time. Got 9800 RPM on both engines. 45MPH. from what I've read, that seams pretty normalish. Took out today, noticed port side engine would only get to 8500 RPM. After and idle zone, could only get 6600 RPM from port engine. MPH was Affected as well. engine Revs normally out of water. Have new spark plugs, air filters, oil & filter all changed at same time as housings. Ideas of what to check next

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know if you the correct impellers? Each side is different part number/pitch

xtrm1stang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you know if you the correct impellers? Each side is different part number/pitch
They appeared original and in good shape. overall boat is in great shape. I put them back in the same side they came out of. Seamed pretty good on Wednesday. Clean out plugs are locked but not frozen., this is only the 2nd time I've had the boat out, so its all new to me. i know i need to adjust the throttle cables so the levers match, but they both go WOT at the throttle bodies

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you ever figure it out?