• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ideas to locate chart plotter on 2015 242 ls

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you mount the second xducer?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@McMark - I routed my second transducer down the starboard side, through the drain line out the back and down to the port engine plate. Check out the pic. I have more pics if there is a specific view that you want to see.

Attachments

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, that looks like a good solution. Thanks @Bennie

Does it have to ride below the hull?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, that looks like a good solution. Thanks @Bennie

Does it have to ride below the hull?
Yes - per the Lowrance installation instructions. That allow it to get into non-cavitated water. I also found that as the easiest solution to mount my transducer horizontally with having to punch a bunch of extra holes into my boat. I only have a few penetrations that easily sealed up with 3M 4200 quick set sealant.

Stii

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie - I just got my boat and haven't noticed where the water line is, with running the wire through the drain line, does that exit above the water line when sitting in the water? That looks like a great solution for me, just wondering if water gets into the engine bay from there at all while sitting still in the water, like at a sandbar or something.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here's mine and it works great here20150524_195327.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie - I just got my boat and haven't noticed where the water line is, with running the wire through the drain line, does that exit above the water line when sitting in the water? That looks like a great solution for me, just wondering if water gets into the engine bay from there at all while sitting still in the water, like at a sandbar or something.
I haven't had any problems at all with it. That drain line is the white hose that goes in between your motors and is the passive drain for your deck in the boat. I cut a small hole in the line to get the wire through and then sealed it up with 3M 4200 and water proof tape. So far I haven't had a drop and we take her out about 3-5 per month for a few hours each time.

Attachments

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is mine a use a 7" galaxy tab 2 for gps. I use a suction cup ram mount to window. I have never taken it off and it has never come loose yet in very rough seas. Love it. Sorry it is a night shot all i had
This looks great Greg! I am interested in something similar to your idea. Could you give me the details of your setup, which program did you down load. I want to do somthing just like this! Thanks looks awesome!

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use ram mounts with the suction cup end. With Ram Mount holders made for the tablets. They make them for almost every tablet. I Stick it to the side window and the front window if running 2 tablets. I use a program called Navionics for android. It has great maps and with the sonar attachment has depth and fish finder also in app.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New boater here so simple question...since i will already be using my iPhone for Apple Music and have it mounted on the dash, why not use a $10 app for chart plotting? I realize its not getting the transducer and fish finder, but its also a few hundred less. Just making sure i get how it all works.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New boater here so simple question...since i will already be using my iPhone for Apple Music and have it mounted on the dash, why not use a $10 app for chart plotting? I realize its not getting the transducer and fish finder, but its also a few hundred less. Just making sure i get how it all works.
Nick, I am struggling with the same decision too. There are several guys on the forum here who do use their cell and tablets w/ a Ram mount for navigation. Others feel its better to have a permanent device for Nav and plotting. Some have all three...ha ha ha! Other guys will comment as well, but I'm trying to decide which route I want as well being a new boater myself. I think you need to decide what's best for you and your uses (budget included). I think I will be running my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet as @greg suggested with the Navionics app. It will meet my needs and I can always upgrade later!

Good luck!

Last edited:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm using the phone/tablet apps for navigation. The depth finder that came on my boat meets my needs just fine. If I were a serious fisherman I would install a fish finder/depth finder/chart plotter thing but I'm not that guy. Yet...

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use ram mounts with the suction cup end. With Ram Mount holders made for the tablets. They make them for almost every tablet. I Stick it to the side window and the front window if running 2 tablets. I use a program called Navionics for android. It has great maps and with the sonar attachment has depth and fish finder also in app.
Greg...with this setup are you using your cell data to track your location or how is it keeping track of your gps location?

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and a Galaxy Tab 2 7" Both have GPS build in. They are both only wifi tablets. They work great for the boat. No issues at 50+ MPH either.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s I ran the wires right up through the middle of the mount. I removed the foam piece that was there and saved it so I could replace it if need be. I will try to get some pics tomorrow as its raining again now.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is how i moubted mine on 2008.. the new dashes would allow this set up as well.. it protected from the walkway... nut i can easily see over it when sitting.. and it can tilt up while standing to see. It worked like a champ on the run from murtle beach to charleston and back.20170326_124209.jpg

leizearmx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't had any problems at all with it. That drain line is the white hose that goes in between your motors and is the passive drain for your deck in the boat. I cut a small hole in the line to get the wire through and then sealed it up with 3M 4200 and water proof tape. So far I haven't had a drop and we take her out about 3-5 per month for a few hours each time.
@Bennie My transducer cord needs a 1" hole for the connector. Is that the same size that yours was running through that opening?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie My transducer cord needs a 1" hole for the connector. Is that the same size that yours was running through that opening?
Yes it is. That's why I ran my cord the way I did. By running it through the scupper I avoided having to drill a 1" hole into my haul.

Then I made a slit in the drain line and ran it up the starboard side.

Hope this helps bud.