• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Important Summary of Anchor Locker Drain Issue - Attention FSH and 21 Foot owners!

micj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes @Brian McIver , my boat looked exactly like those pics especially after having 4 teenagers up front and cruising in no wake mode in a little chop.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
#Yamaha it would be awesome if you could fix this and perhaps issue something along the lines of a #TSB to your dealers.

Bruce Vance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was having an similar issue on my 16 242 limited S, after reading this I went and looked and sure enough it wasn't complete solid piece into anchor locker. You could see the space between the hulls. I've sealed it up and will check next time I'm on,the water if it solved my issue as well. I have a feeling it will because I noticed more water in the ski locker on days when I had people in the front at idle on 12-24 inch waves.

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2017 SX210 and found I would take on water when running at slow speeds and while at anchor in rougher conditions. I see this as 2 separate issues. First, water is forced into drain when moving through the water at slow speeds AND it leaks through the void between hull and locker wall.

To solve the first condition installed a removable plug. I pull the plug just like the bilge drain in stearn and the boat and anchor road remains clean and dry.

To solve the second condition
I have sealed fitting with 5200 but not sure it is secure enough to maintain seal.

I am in fresh water so rinsing is not as big an issue for me here, but I am liking the effect of keeping it plugged up.

I saw a note that @robert843 had posted with a stainless cover to discourage water from being forced in while underway. This looked like another good cure for these conditions. I will be adding that to my upgrade list.

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/vents-stainless
(Thanks @robert843 )

Maybe the real cure is to always go fast!
Cheers

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
We have had to fix a handful of 21's and FSH this season... 24's we have been able to just seal up. When we are repairing them we drill out the hole to 1" and install this http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/816-drain-tube and then cover it with http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/520-midget-vent to try and keep the water out while at low speeds. We obviously install the drain tube with sealant as well so no water gets in around it. 100% have stopped the water leaking into the hull.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We have had to fix a handful of 21's and FSH this season... 24's we have been able to just seal up. When we are repairing them we drill out the hole to 1" and install this http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/816-drain-tube and then cover it with http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/520-midget-vent to try and keep the water out while at low speeds. We obviously install the drain tube with sealant as well so no water gets in around it. 100% have stopped the water leaking into the hull.
Looks like I can only buy packs of ten, anywhere I can buy a single?

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Looks like I can only buy packs of ten, anywhere I can buy a single?
You should be able to get them at your local marine store. Our dealership uses Kellogg which is a division of Land N Sea.