• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inspire me to upgrade

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
252 all day long, i launch it solo and retrieve it solo, big boat nah, just perfect fornme and what we do. I only carry 8 life jackets, so thats my limit on friend. Most time just me the wife and my dog or another couple i had 230 242 and the 252, would never go smaller. Most people wont upgrade for different reason wife wint let em, can afford or just plain and simple dont need it, most wife wont let em,lol. Do what works for you not others, and enjoy it.
As a owner of a 19' and a 25' (and previous owner of a 21'). I would disagree. Obviously each their own - but if it's just me and my wife and dogs... I much prefer taking out the 19ft. End-to-end it is just an easier day. Easier to prep, easier to clean, easier to put away, easier to park, easier to anchor, easier to launch and retrieve (I launch both solo multiple times a week), easier around the sandbar (trolling motor advantage there) I can tow it with the Wrangler instead of the Ram. It's not as nice and doesn't ride as smooth as the 252 but if we are going 20 minutes over to the sandbar that is my choice.

With that being said, if I had to chose only one boat it would be the 25'. It allows for much more. If literally all I did was putz on over to the local sandbar, then I would probably chose a smaller boat.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I would wait for the re-design of the 21. You then will upgrading 2 generations.
Re-design of the 21. Is there a date set for that, that you know of? We're waiting for delivery of a 21' now. Is there something better around the corner?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As a owner of a 19' and a 25' (and previous owner of a 21'). I would disagree. Obviously each their own - but if it's just me and my wife and dogs... I much prefer taking out the 19ft. End-to-end it is just an easier day. Easier to prep, easier to clean, easier to put away, easier to park, easier to anchor, easier to launch and retrieve (I launch both solo multiple times a week), easier around the sandbar (trolling motor advantage there) I can tow it with the Wrangler instead of the Ram. It's not as nice and doesn't ride as smooth as the 252 but if we are going 20 minutes over to the sandbar that is my choice.

With that being said, if I had to chose only one boat it would be the 25'. It allows for much more. If literally all I did was putz on over to the local sandbar, then I would probably chose a smaller boat.
so you have 2 boat to choose for different acasions, what would you choose as just one?, i boat a lot in the gulf clearwater sarasota st pete, our hangout sand bars half hr away by boat, also the yearly Bahamas run. I have boated all my life. The 25 works for me, love the creature comfert it provides and the nicer ride, last year the 190going to the bahamas couldnt handle the rough seas and had to return, so it all depends on your needs and conditions.

I see you are in the Tampa area.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
so you have 2 boat to choose for different acasions, what would you choose as just one?, i boat a lot in the gulf clearwater sarasota st pete, our hangout sand bars half hr away by boat, also the yearly Bahamas run. I have boated all my life. The 25 works for me, love the creature comfert it provides and the nicer ride, last year the 190going to the bahamas couldnt handle the rough seas and had to return, so it all depends on your needs and conditions.

I see you are in the Tampa area.
If chose just one it would be the 25'. While it's more work and responsibility - it's more comfortable and versatile (and nicer). The 21 is a sweet spot for small families and simple outings though.

I don't think I have ever seen your boat around, what sand-bars do you visit?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Re-design of the 21. Is there a date set for that, that you know of? We're waiting for delivery of a 21' now. Is there something better around the corner?
It's all rumors right now, but a lot of think it will be announced this year or next. The current 21' design is coming up on 7 years old.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2013 212 has been a stellar craft doing pretty much all I have asked of it. Only 260 hours and today I was wondering if I just stay with it or upgrade to a newer 212. What am I missing out on??
For me.....if I already had a 212 that was a "non-connext" boat. I wouldn't upgrade.

HOWEVER.....I'm in a 190 now. And would be very hard pressed to move to a 212 on an upgrade. For me.....when I go to move up in size it will be to get more passengers on board, better seaworthyness (handle larger wakes/waves more comfortably), and more consistent speed........Once I get to a point where I can't store it in my garage anymore, I want as big of a boat as I can get my hands on. For me, that's a FSH252 (I like the center console design), for my wife it's an AR240. We like the brand, but want more seats for butts, and want a consistent 40mph cruise speed regardless of load. Dual engine 24/25ft is where it's at for us.

I won't lie, I was looking hard at getting a 212 awhile back and having the header in the garage raised. Still might do that, but it's a longshot.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If chose just one it would be the 25'. While it's more work and responsibility - it's more comfortable and versatile (and nicer).

I don't think I have ever seen your boat around, what sand-bars do you visit?
3 rooker , 1 tree pk jewfish. Previous was a grey 2019 242se. Most always the dog is with us we will be there this weekend.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
3 rooker , 1 tree pk jewfish. Previous was a grey 2019 242se. Most always the dog is with us we will be there this weekend.
Sounds like you might launch out of Seminole or Bellair. If we are out this weekend we will probably be at the south sandbar at John's Pass. The middle sandbar gets a little to wild for me since I lost my party vibes lol. With this new boating crowd I have been trying to avoid holidays but my wife won't let this weekend slide.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds like you might launch out of Seminole or Bellair. If we are out this weekend we will probably be at the south sandbar at John's Pass. The middle sandbar gets a little to wild for me since I lost my party vibes lol. With this new boating crowd I have been trying to avoid holidays but my wife won't let this weekend slide.
we will be staying in Dunedin, if Seminole is packed i might try Belleair, but its usually chaos there. or the little ramp at clearwater beach is usually empty, still trying to book a slip but everything has been sold out, usually we boat down to Dockies for dinner, never hung at john pass

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im quite satisfied with my Non Connex 212, Only thing is the usual noise while underway. If I could get the same speed and performance with less noise that would be nice. I love the 25s but its over kill for where I run 90% of the time and my 21 barely fits on the crappy docks at my club.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yeah I would wait for the re-design of the 21. You then will upgrading 2 generations.
I'm betting the new design has trim adjustment or tabs as an option. That would be worth the upgrade.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm betting the new design has trim adjustment or tabs as an option. That would be worth the upgrade.
I don't see that... unless they are already offering that on something else that I don't know about. I would think a Wake edition gets the built in wake wedge from the 255X but thats about it.