• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing Dometic / Waeco CD-030DCW Refrigerator in Yamaha SX230

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce. I have it connected to a battery charger, providing a constant 13v. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. I do not remove the batteries, ever. Boat stays plugged in all the time, at the dock, or in my driveway. I'm at my wit end with it. I see new drawer fridges for $400, so I'm not sure how much more I am willing to spend on this one.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a heads up - the white units are back in stock on the Bezos Shopping Network, $600. Maybe I'll pick one up but I gotta install the shower first or I'm sure I'll never hear the end of it lol.

cmcnice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Just wanted to circle back. Finally got to install the drawer fridge in my Yamaha 252S. Put it in the starboard stern seating; decided to put it there to offset the weight of the battery going on the port side. Powered with a LiFePO4 12V 100Ah battery that I mounted next to the house and starter batteries in the engine compartment on the port side. This new battery has same temperature and waterproof ratings as the other two batteries. Wired a BEP battery switch into the port stern seat where the House and Starter battery switches are and also wired a Victron BMV-712 into the system so I can monitor the battery charge/stats via my phone. Have it wired so only when the BEP switch is on is the Victron powered. Working well on first few trips out. Expect to get about 48+ hrs of use before I need to remove and charge the battery based on garage testing prior to install. Glad I kept it all separate from the stock battery system, it’s very clean and reversible if needed (w some work to repair the fiberglass cutout). Thanks everyone for the guidance. If anyone wants more details of the install or pics let me know.IMG_2545.jpegIMG_2543.jpeg