• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing Dometic / Waeco CD-030DCW Refrigerator in Yamaha SX230

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving an old thread... @Bruce can u elaborate om the mod u had to make to the cushion?
I pulled staples from the vinyl, cut off part of the seat that hung down too far, pulled the vinyl tight and restapled.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce I ordered the CD 020 version this week. Its slightly smaller, but roughly half the price of the CD 030, right now. Seems the prices on the 30 have gone up a lot since you installed yours. I still plan to keep a full cooler on the driver's side, this is for keeping cold drinks onboard, for random, unplanned outings, mostly. Rather than have to bring ice, or a separate, small cooler. Looking forward to the install. Also, mulling the idea of moving one battery over to driver's side, after I remove the water tank, so counteract the listing. May take a wait and see approach though.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zelone, I see prices for the CD-030 around $600 to $650 shipped and the CD-020 around $340 shipped. I am curious how that compares to what you paid.

I would have gone for a bigger model if I could have made it fit.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I paid $325 shipped from Ebay, but realized its the same seller on Amazon selling for $340 shipped. They unfortunately, only have it with the black door, but I figured I could change that if necessary. Hydrodip or something, if it bothers me.

Hugh Janus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone put a fridge in a ‘18 242 limited s? Would love some feed.

Go Pack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome fit & finish. did you make or buy the installation frame? I see Dometic makes a stainless steel installation frame (part number CD-IF-S), but I can't find anywhere to buy it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You guys make me jealous.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ok i was curious so i pulled out the little beer fridge i have. 100 watt. 1.4 amps @115 volt.
I may try in the garage with this:
https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Power-Inverter-Smart-Adapter/dp/B01DP9JE18/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1540578405&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=pure+sine+inverter&dpPl=1&dpID=41sjL-K491L&ref=plSrch
Or maybe even a $25 harbor frieght deal with my monster power protector that has sine wave something or other.
If it works, it would then get tested with my 15 watt solar panel to see what the house battery does after day,week, etc.
I imagine the fridge doesn't make ice,but i own it already! I just like playing.
Or as my wife says "boys and their toys"

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, you might look at the refrigerators power supply to see if it converts the AC to DC to operate the compressor. If so you may need the inverter.

My biggest concern with standard refrigerators is that they may not be designed to handle the G forces and vibration.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I would love to put one of these in; such a great idea. Can someone comment if they're happy with it or problems/concerns with the unit? Would you do it again?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow! That's awesome. Thx!

Finding one less than $700 shipped is is challenging.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just stumbled upon this gem! this is an upgrade definitely worth considering!!! all the installs look beautiful. Has anyone else done an install since?
I have heard of a few more installs but forgetting names.

Mine is still working great six years later. I leave the boat plugged in in the garage between lake days and leave the fridge on. I have turned it off some winters. I had to replace an onboard battery charger but the fridge and batteries are working perfectly.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have heard of a few more installs but forgetting names.

Mine is still working great six years later. I leave the boat plugged in in the garage between lake days and leave the fridge on. I have turned it off some winters. I had to replace an onboard battery charger but the fridge and batteries are working perfectly.
Fridge just plugs into the batt?