• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing Dometic / Waeco CD-030DCW Refrigerator in Yamaha SX230

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy don't forget to post some pictures of your install too. The head compartment upgrades and this fridge are on my future to do list, so I would be interested to see how yours goes!
I am planning on taking some pics etc. It won't be for a few months though... snow is still falling here this am... My bronco is coming down the home stretch and is nickel and dining me to death to get it finished... I made the mistake of adding up receipts and stopped when I realized I was north of 40K... Once it is done, then I will have some spare jingle in my wallet again.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce how long does it take to get to cooling temp on an 80ish degree day if you put in room temp drinks. Thinking about putting one in on the next boat

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce how long does it take to get to cooling temp on an 80ish degree day if you put in room temp drinks. Thinking about putting one in on the next boat
Generally we put pre cooled drinks into it from the garage fridge at home or the condo fridge in Bimini. I have put bagged live fish in it and they cool quickly. At least as quickly as in the ice chest if not more so. It is as effective as a home refrigerator.

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Have you got a pic of the finished mod? I have the frig already but I think it will have to go on the other side of the boat. Going to try and install it this week.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Three summers later and I am still drooling over this mod...

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi @Bruce .... Does the fridge disposal any water to your compartment? Also did you put a fuse or did you just connected direct to the batteries switch

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi @Bruce .... Does the fridge disposal any water to your compartment? Also did you put a fuse or did you just connected direct to the batteries switch
The fridge does not have a drain and I have never seen any drainage into the compartment.

I did not install a fuse originally but I do plan to add one when I add a fuse panel as part of an amplifier installation.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The fridge does not have a drain and I have never seen any drainage into the compartment.

I did not install a fuse originally but I do plan to add one when I add a fuse panel as part of an amplifier installation.
Thanks @Bruce I just order the same fridge... I get it install as soonest it gets here..n Thanks for the info

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce I just order the same fridge... I get it install as soonest it gets here..n Thanks for the info
The fridge will be awesome on your Abacos run!

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The fridge will be awesome on your Abacos run!
I Know , That exactly why i wanted to get it .. Last time i had to carry with 2 coolers , hopefully i won't have to anymore...I will put a 3rd battery just for the cooler

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will put a 3rd battery just for the cooler
Do you expect to have shore power available? If so I would use that to charge your existing batteries.

If not I would consider a small portable solar panel. The fridge uses around 300 watts per day. A 100 watt solar panel would offset the fridge usage over three hours or a 50 watt solar panel would do so over six hours.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you expect to have shore power available? If so I would use that to charge your existing batteries.

If not I would consider a small portable solar panel. The fridge uses around 300 watts per day. A 100 watt solar panel would offset the fridge usage over three hours or a 50 watt solar panel would do so over six hours.
Yeah, there is shore power... but i will look into the solar panels as well... It is a good thing to have

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is in the first post of this thread. I suspect that you would be able to install a larger fridge in your boat.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I thought you were going to link to an appropriate charge controller...
My fridge is inoperable , but i may do this mod in the future vs replacing with a like style fridge.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought you were going to link to an appropriate charge controller...
My fridge is inoperable , but i may do this mod in the future vs replacing with a like style fridge.
Is your system 12 volt or 24?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
12v

I was thinking solar powered charger...

I have no idea the cost involved with a solar panel.

I have a nice little portable generator, just thinking redundancy or as a back up.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tim h, something like this $30 controller paired with one to three of these $185 flexible 100 watt solar panels would work well.

Each panel should provide around 50 Ah per day in sunny Florida. For comparison my power sipping fridge consumes ~24 Ah per day but a 300 watt class D amplifier could consume that 50 Ah in two hours.

chargeconroller.jpg FlexiblePanel.jpg