• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Article on Boat Sales

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Same here North of the 49th - boat sales have been crazy in May/June. In a two week period my dealer sold all of their jet boats. I managed to get some options (cockpit&bow covers, spare trailer wheel/tire, mirror at dealer cost and a free Yamaha trailering cover) and the Yamaha $1,000.00 factory discount but by the time I had purchased I don't think anyone was getting anything. I heard that at a nearby Yamaha dealer two guys tried to outbid each other on a 2020 195S. The dealer asked Yamaha waht to do and Yamaha said customers can not bid (which I agree with) - so the names were put in a hat and the "winner" paid full going price......no tears for the dealers or Yamaha this boating season!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is def. the truth, I’ve been looking for a 21ft Yamaha or Scarab, but it is def. scarce! My dad has a restored classic wood boat that we took out over Father’s Day. When we were leaving I bet there were 50 plus boats in line waiting to launch. Many looking like something you’d see on Craigslist for free. I’m glad we got our boat out before all the craziness started.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thought I would post this on this thread. Hoping for some feedback to see if I am out of line or dreaming. I know some may not be sympathetic as we are talking about a boat and not a car or truck. However, it's a significant purchase and my boat was just 12 months old with only 49 hours. Industry standard seems to be around 30 days for reasonable turnaround on diagnosis if not repair.

Still waiting for them to call me when a AR195 comes in; however, it sounds like a brand new crate motor came in from BRP along with a new supercharger in the crate. That was supposed to be put in starting Friday the 26th. I have not heard anything, nor have I ever received the open repair bill/log I requested either. That is the primary document my attorney said I would need if we were to pursue legal recourse.

I am getting a sick feeling things are going to go down like this... We get a call they have a new 2021 AR195 for us. Then either (A) they tell us because they cannot sell our 2018 Glastron GTS187 with brand-new super-charged motor for what we owe, we are going to have to put some money down or our payment will be higher on the AR. Or (B) they say that with the AR195 MSRP plus delivery and prep, they need some money down or our payment will be higher. Or (C) both.

My offer was take back the Glastron and get me a new AR195 with NO out of pocket money and a payment no higher than what we are paying on the Glastron. The dealer agreed, but I do not have it in writing. So will he take care of his customer or will he try to maximize the profit of the deal. Demand is high and he will know he can sell the AR and the alternative they may try to force on me is my Glastron back with the new motor.

I think I would back out and pursue legal action. That would mean refusing my boat back at this point and seeking full purchase price back plus attorneys fees. This is a "text-book" Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act case. It is hard to imagine not having an arbitor, judge or jury sympathetic after this ridiculous scenario. That way I am out of my Glastron and I would walk away with about $3-$4K. Not very good considering I will have spent over $10K over the two years we've had the boat. I would settle for my Glastron back, but not without new covers, a complete detail and $3-4K for lost lake fees, property taxes, depreciation, other fees and inconvenience for not having the Glastron since August 6, 2019.

The Glastron was good for a year. I babied her and she slept right under our bedroom. Now she's been sitting outside for 11 months and the service and response I have received from Glastron (not the dealer) has been terrrible. I know the AR won't fit in my garage, but at this point I want a reliable boat and I like that Yamaha boats feature a full Yamaha platform, boat and motor. I will pay for storage at this point on a Yamaha.

Sooner or later I am going to get a call and should I encounter something like this, I like to be as prepared as possible. Let me know what you folks think. Thank you so much!!