• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Article on Boat Sales

NYboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here in the northeast I’ve been told that 19’ and 21’ boats will be arriving by the end of July, likely with only minor color changes. As far as 24’ it’s uncertain since they have not been refreshed in some time.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmmm Smells like the 24's may be in store for a change?
I think they are about due, I’m going to be sad if it’s something big, I can’t afford to trade up the new AR240, only had it a month. I’ll be curious what they change, I can’t think of much more I would want except the bigger top that’s already on the more pricy 24ft boats.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here in the northeast I’ve been told that 19’ and 21’ boats will be arriving by the end of July, likely with only minor color changes. As far as 24’ it’s uncertain since they have not been refreshed in some time.
I’m glad you are hearing the same. Seems like that would be the case. If I actually saw my AR195 before August, I would be very happy as I’ve set me expectations for the first week of September.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I placed my order for a 2020 242 se at Cycle Springs in Clearwater on 6/1 and was told 30-45 days before delivery. It’s now 6/23 and my rep still can’t even confirm a delivery date which is extremely concerning. I’m almost hard pressed to wait for the 2021 model at this point but I sure as hell would not pay a higher price for the same boat.

NYboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I placed my order for a 2020 242 se at Cycle Springs in Clearwater on 6/1 and was told 30-45 days before delivery. It’s now 6/23 and my rep still can’t even confirm a delivery date which is extremely concerning. I’m almost hard pressed to wait for the 2021 model at this point but I sure as hell would not pay a higher price for the same boat.
I am in a similar situation awaiting a 2020 to finally be delivered. They can’t seem to figure out when other than a 2 week window which has since passed. To me this is insane. At this point I’m contemplating pulling out since it will be a model year old and full price. Seems like missing a few weekends would be worth snagging a 2021 instead.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am in a similar situation awaiting a 2020 to finally be delivered. They can’t seem to figure out when other than a 2 week window which has since passed. To me this is insane. At this point I’m contemplating pulling out since it will be a model year old and full price. Seems like missing a few weekends would be worth snagging a 2021 instead.
Sadly starting to learn more towards that. Me and wife have agreed to give it until 7/15 which would be exactly the 45 day mark which my sales rep advised so we shall see but it’s not looking promising at this moment ☹

NYboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sadly starting to learn more towards that. Me and wife have agreed to give it until 7/15 which would be exactly the 45 day mark which my sales rep advised so we shall see but it’s not looking promising at this moment ☹
I’d discuss negotiating the price if you can hang tight for delivery to make it worth your time. I think it’s finally hit dealers (around here at least) that the fire sale and the impulse purchases are essentially over with. What still sits will be increasingly harder to move now that 2021’s are slated for delivery very soon, let alone a 2020 that is still not delivered! I’m sure this varies across the country, however.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like my dealer has 2 242SE left in stock and some 19' footers.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Those SE’s do like real nice!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just curious, who is your salesman. Bought my SX-192 from there.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

I doubt they are in stock, it’s all stock pictures

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Daddy Fat Sacs I get how you would just assume they are not in stock, easier to do that than make a call I guess.

They always use stock pictures and as of right now he has the 242s on the showroom floor left and a 242se in the lot left. He sold the other one this morning. Perhaps if there is interest you could call him, as I did to verify. Salesman is Ryan Zamler at 844-248-8489, let him know Charles referred you, which would be great.

Last edited:

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We finally have a pickup date for our boat of July 3rd. It's been a long wait (since Feb.), but we are finally gonna get our boat.
I'm curious if there are gonna be any better incentives come July 1. We are gonna wait until then to close just in case. We still have our original deal we made of 4.99% for 180 months and 3 year YES warranty.
I really doubt they are gonna try and do anything in July to push sales since there is no inventory to sell at this point, but who knows.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@EricE That is great news.

Wisewaves

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s good to hear, EricE...Is your new boat one of the 24’s?

NYboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just got an update from a Yamaha rep today regarding remaining 2020 deliveries. There are roughly 120+, 2020 boats that have been put together but are missing various parts as suppliers fell through on getting them to Yamaha last week. They do have limited stock of these parts so chances are they will ship out what they can starting next week and then proceed with the rest as they receive the missing parts.

How this correlates to 2021 production, I'm not sure.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just got an update from a Yamaha rep today regarding remaining 2020 deliveries. There are roughly 120+, 2020 boats that have been put together but are missing various parts as suppliers fell through on getting them to Yamaha last week. They do have limited stock of these parts so chances are they will ship out what they can starting next week and then proceed with the rest as they receive the missing parts.

How this correlates to 2021 production, I'm not sure.
it’s incredible that I’ve found so much MORE info just from this thread than my own dam sales man! 🤦🏼‍♂️