• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Article on Boat Sales

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same here, but unfortunately my 2020 SX210 is still on a trailer at the Yamaha Factory. I have been waiting to take possession of it for the past two weeks. My sales guys has no idea what is going on. Anyone got any inside info on why the last of the boats have not left? Anyone else going through this? My understanding there is one other sx210 on that trailer going to some other dealer over here in the Midwest.
I feel your pain. We purchased a 212s in February. Yes February, and then the plant shutdown. It is expected to ship next week, fingers crossed. My dealer said they are hardly getting any of the boats they ordered and we were lucky. It stinks having to wait, but I think we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I feel your pain. We purchased a 212s in February. Yes February, and then the plant shutdown. It is expected to ship next week, fingers crossed. My dealer said they are hardly getting any of the boats they ordered and we were lucky. It stinks having to wait, but I think we see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I called around about 300 mile radius and found a 2020 212s up in Lansing Michigan. If I don’t have an update Monday I am heading up and getting the 212s. I’ll just use that deposit at my local dealer for service and accessories. I was hoping to have some lake time before I rent the houseboat on Lake Cumberland in KY the 6th -10th next month. Haha Panic Mode. Actually just gives me a reason to get the upgrades.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I called around about 300 mile radius and found a 2020 212s up in Lansing Michigan. If I don’t have an update Monday I am heading up and getting the 212s. I’ll just use that deposit at my local dealer for service and accessories. I was hoping to have some lake time before I rent the houseboat on Lake Cumberland in KY the 6th -10th next month. Haha Panic Mode. Actually just gives me a reason to get the upgrades.
I hear you! Sounds like a good plan! I’d probably head straight there, on the way putting down my deposit. I’m freaking out too. I have fears I won’t see mine until the end of summer or worse. I am sure Yamaha is getting flooded with orders and who knows when models will hit dealers.

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The biggest dealer in Traverse City, Mi told me yesterday that he’s not getting the ones he ordered before the Covid 19 hit. He also said when the 21’s come out in July / August they will have a price increase. He wasn’t sure how much just yet but it might be significantly higher. I made my mind up and my wife is on board with the price increase. Originally the 212s is what I wanted anyway.
good luck I hope you are out on the water really soon.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was gonna get a 24’ 242X but decided to wait for the next color schemes to see what comes out in a few months for 2021 boats. They may just end up having same colors again for 2021 as 2020 though? They did the same colors for 2018 and 2019 so that’s definitely a possibility. If that does in fact happen we might wait till 2022 as wife’s not crazy about 2020 color choices. Hoping Black and Red comes out again we both loved that color scheme in 2018 and 2019.

Grogfather

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We managed to snag one of (supposedly) 2 black 2020 242LSe's in the Pacific NW. Heard the last one our dealer has is already spoken for from CA; none down there. Banner year for boat sales I think is an understatement.

Wisewaves

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a deposit on a blue 2020 AR240 2 weeks ago. I spoke with the dealer last Tuesday, he said they were waiting on windshields for the 190-210-240..Not sure if the dealer is blowing smoke or being truthful? Starting to think it might never show!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The biggest dealer in Traverse City, Mi told me yesterday that he’s not getting the ones he ordered before the Covid 19 hit. He also said when the 21’s come out in July / August they will have a price increase. He wasn’t sure how much just yet but it might be significantly higher. I made my mind up and my wife is on board with the price increase. Originally the 212s is what I wanted anyway.
good luck I hope you are out on the water really soon.
Thank you! Yeah my dealer said they weren’t shipping any more 2020’s anymore. It sounds like somebody saw or heard of a few 2020’s trailered and ready to ship from before COVID. Will those ship? So they will have orders to fill from before the crisis, orders from during and now. I am sure they are going to want to pump as many out as possible, but who knows when or how many. My dealer is committed to me on a 2021 195, so he’s going to have to eat any increase as I’ve already negotiated the price. Can’t wait to be on the water; we drove by the cove we hang in and saw all the boats and everyone tubing and wakeboarding. I’m waiting on a boat to replace the new boat I own that hasn’t worked since the middle of last summer. Gets me all worked up, maybe I should have taken the other way to get lunch.

Last edited:

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was gonna get a 24’ 242X but decided to wait for the next color schemes to see what comes out in a few months for 2021 boats. They may just end up having same colors again for 2021 as 2020 though? They did the same colors for 2018 and 2019 so that’s definitely a possibility. If that does in fact happen we might wait till 2022 as wife’s not crazy about 2020 color choices. Hoping Black and Red comes out again we both loved that color scheme in 2018 and 2019.
You would think they would have already had the 21 colors and graphics picked and ordered before they had to shut down, but who knows. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they just shipped basically 20’s stamped now as 21’s.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put a deposit on a blue 2020 AR240 2 weeks ago. I spoke with the dealer last Tuesday, he said they were waiting on windshields for the 190-210-240..Not sure if the dealer is blowing smoke or being truthful? Starting to think it might never show!
I confirmed this also with my dealer today. apparently yamaha has about 60 vessels sitting on there lot waiting for windshields. They are the last of the 2020 stock. He told me that the windsheilds are made in New York state, and when the Govenor imposed the quarenteen everything had to shut down. Not sure when they will be released to go back to work

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I confirmed this also with my dealer today. apparently yamaha has about 60 vessels sitting on there lot waiting for windshields. They are the last of the 2020 stock. He told me that the windsheilds are made in New York state, and when the Govenor imposed the quarenteen everything had to shut down. Not sure when they will be released to go back to work
This will likely affect 2021 being made right behind these. So there's no telling when new boats will hit dealers...

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I spoke to Bob the
Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Group

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
6555 Katella Ave. Cypress, CA 90630

He actually responded to my email yesterday !
They are waiting for the windshields.
Good news I was able to get a deposit in on a 2020 212s in black that was received from another source in Michigan. I am driving the 4 hours to grab it Saturday. We were settling for the 210sx and didn’t work out. Thanks to the back order I was able to get the boat I actually wanted. My Sales guy Ron White has been great. The trailer pulled in and he shot me some pictures.

Attachments

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I can concur, I was in my dealer last weekend to get oil change kits and all their boats were sold for the most part. He had one pontoon and a few $100K+ boats on the showroom floor. He showed me a 3 page list of all the sales he had in progress. I said good for you, he said not so much. He said with the manufactures shut down he's not getting any new boats so he'll end up selling the same number of boats this year, just all of them in a 6 week period instead of all spread out. He said with most of the sports cancelled for kids that families are just buying boats to do something with the kids this summer.

That being said, the boat ramps are a complete shit show. Took me 20 minutes to get my trailer in the water to pick up my boat and another 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Some genius designed it as a oval with one in and out. We literally had to wait for someone to pull out of the water for the circle to move one vehicle at a time to get out of the parking lot that had a 90 degree right turn with trailers parked in the grass on the sides of the road. One couple had to get out and pick up someone's parked trailer and toss it off the road so people could make the right turn with boats!

I honestly might give this boating season a break and just go to the ramps with a lawn chair and cooler of beer and video the shit!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks like manufacturing in New York was opened up today. According to the national news services.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I spoke to Bob the
Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Group

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
6555 Katella Ave. Cypress, CA 90630

He actually responded to my email yesterday !
They are waiting for the windshields.
Good news I was able to get a deposit in on a 2020 212s in black that was received from another source in Michigan. I am driving the 4 hours to grab it Saturday. We were settling for the 210sx and didn’t work out. Thanks to the back order I was able to get the boat I actually wanted. My Sales guy Ron White has been great. The trailer pulled in and he shot me some pictures.
That's is awesome, but I'm a little jealous! Hopefully our 212s is on its way tommorow which is what I heard last week from our dealer.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Article came from an email I just received and validates alot of what we have been seeing over the last couple of months or so.

A lot of the launches around here seem to be quite full during the weekdays lately.
Dropped by boat off at the dealership last night for it's 10 hour service. Talking with the service guy he said they were 30+ units over last year - that's a lot of boats. Unfortunately, that means a lot of newbies and jerks too, but whatever.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, I know it is hard to wait.... Hopefully you will have a good trip bringing her home.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finalized the deal, swinging up Saturday to grab our 2020 212s in black. I haven’t slept all week. We are super excited.
I'm glad for you!.. just got the latest update on the 2020 212s we bought at the end of February... It was supposed to ship the 9th. Dealer doesn't know if it has and it not sure where it is. I'm am guessing there is more waiting in store for me.

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm glad for you!.. just got the latest update on the 2020 212s we bought at the end of February... It was supposed to ship the 9th. Dealer doesn't know if it has and it not sure where it is. I'm am guessing there is more waiting in store for me.
Good news! I hope its on the road to you!
🚤