• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Interesting Ladder mod.

I stand corrected then. I was not able to do it, and I had several failures that looked very good to the eye, but the current was insufficient to burn through and do more than just putting an outside bead. Like I said, it is a talent I don't have. But according to my welder and the specs on welders, it takes more current than a $500 welder can deliver, to weld solid, a 3/8" plate. But I am sure someone with more experience and talent could make lesser equipment work.

While it is possible that it takes more current than the $500 welder you had present could deliver. . . . not all welders are created equal. Mine is actually rated at 3/8" for butt joints but with some patience and skill can be used as I did above on 1/2" plate. I would not butt joint 1/2" plate with it, but for joining together 3/8" and 1/2" via inside corner welds I am supremely confident they will hold. So much so, I just bet $60K on it considering these are holding my new docks and boat to the shore. . . . . = )

20140608_121329-jpg.6893

Ok, you guys are killing me!!!

@cane.mba - Jump on board the welding bandwagon, I welded it myself. . . . . it'll hold you.

20140605_212016-jpg.6769

It looks like it will hold more than just me...what is the purpose of your cart there? @0627Devildog

I am guessing it is the cart the walk rests on to adjust to changing depth at the shore?

My apologies to @Speedling for going off on a welding tangent. . . . . I did not intend on hijacking your thread. :angelic:

lol
no problem. Welding is a fun tool to have.

Back