• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting place to spot a Rivian....

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Again, I like it(mostly) but... I cannot imagine everyone on the board of directors and all upper level stockholders are thrilled. At least a few of them have to want to grab him and go.. "hey do we have to lose ALL our money?!" lol Or at least want to call Joe Rogan and yell at him for smokin weed on youtube with him.

LOL

I wouldnt be surprised if some changes are made to it. OR another truck is offered along side it with similar capabilities. Like this is for the Tesla fanboys and youngsters that will push it forward until the more mass appeal vehicle will come....

still though... $under 40k to get in one..... and still go almost twice as fast to 60 as any truck built right now?

I think The Rivian is more for me/us I think. Thats the "frog in the pot" Truck.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I the only one that thinks debuting this truck did more to hurt Elon's reputation than smoking pot on a podcast?

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Am I the only one that thinks debuting this truck did more to hurt Elon's reputation than smoking pot on a podcast?

lol taking into account the glass breaking during the "indestructible glass" demo, probably lol

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The looks of the CT are growing on me and I think it will work well for me. Hauling my boat, hauling (and charging!) my Alta, daily driving, trips to Silver Dollar City, you name it.

We are 3+ years away from the CT but Ford and Rivian will have to respond. Looks aside, the CT price/performance is WAY better than what Rivian is offering.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The looks of the CT are growing on me and I think it will work well for me. Hauling my boat, hauling (and charging!) my Alta, daily driving, trips to Silver Dollar City, you name it.

We are 3+ years away from the CT but Ford and Rivian will have to respond. Looks aside, the CT price/performance is WAY better than what Rivian is offering.
I agree with all that.

The Rivian, with its numbers was already a game changer! this truck is bananas.

Either would work. But Ill need to see a REAL towing test before thinking of buying either.... Our reservoir is 140-ish round trip.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But Ill need to see a REAL towing test before thinking of buying either.... Our reservoir is 140-ish round trip.
Same here. I've had a couple 200mi days with the boat in tow on a regular weekend. A single "out of hte way" stop on the ride home for dinner or ice cream can really throw a wrench in the plans if you're on the edge of capacity.

I just had the realization it's a little like going offshore. You want enough to get there and back with a 20% reserve or so.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same here. I've had a couple 200mi days with the boat in tow on a regular weekend. A single "out of hte way" stop on the ride home for dinner or ice cream can really throw a wrench in the plans if you're on the edge of capacity.

I just had the realization it's a little like going offshore. You want enough to get there and back with a 20% reserve or so.
100%

its been discussed in our family before..the Model X... if it DIDNT make it, we could stop and get ice cream or whatever and charge... But, I dont want to be STUCK doing that every time. sometimes conditions are glorious on the lake even into the dark and I wanna get home...

And, I don't see the army corps of engineers putting in a supercharger at the boat ramp any time soon.... LOL!

Was this already posted here? or in the other tesla thread?

even uses a yamaha boat lol.....

quoted excerpt from comments: [(video's creator & P90D owner: Max Kennedy):] The actual range towing that boat is approximately 130 miles. (80 miles on display was after driving 50 miles). You clearly have not been in or driven this car. A 6/7 seater that can do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds with the features this car has is world class.

Tesla Model X Range Impact When Towing

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And, I don't see the army corps of engineers putting in a supercharger at the boat ramp any time soon.... LOL!
Superchargers, no. But plenty of boat ramps also have RV spots with 240/50A plugs. My Model S gains 30mph when plugged into such an outlet. Truck plugged in while you spend a day on the lake would get you a pretty good reserve. Today when we go to Silver Dollar City we stay in a cabin in the campground and also reserve an RV spot. Car charges overnight while we sleep. That means we don't have to stop and charge during the drive at all.

I realize that a lot of the time those RV spots near the boat ramps are full, but the Army Corps could eventually add some L2 (AC) charging stations. Basically just add some more 240/50A plugs (or they could let someone like Chargepoint come in) and charge you a few bucks to plug in for the day.

Electricity is pretty much everywhere. It's way easier for them to add electrical outlets than it is for them to install some gas and diesel pumps :)

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Superchargers, no. But plenty of boat ramps also have RV spots with 240/50A plugs. My Model S gains 30mph when plugged into such an outlet. Truck plugged in while you spend a day on the lake would get you a pretty good reserve. Today when we go to Silver Dollar City we stay in a cabin in the campground and also reserve an RV spot. Car charges overnight while we sleep. That means we don't have to stop and charge during the drive at all.

I realize that a lot of the time those RV spots near the boat ramps are full, but the Army Corps could eventually add some L2 (AC) charging stations. Basically just add some more 240/50A plugs (or they could let someone like Chargepoint come in) and charge you a few bucks to plug in for the day.

Electricity is pretty much everywhere. It's way easier for them to add electrical outlets than it is for them to install some gas and diesel pumps :)

noted...seriously. Hadn't thought of that.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw a Prius stuck on the highway between clayton, nm and Eaton, nm yesterday. They ran out of fuel. I know it's a hybrid and probably a careless driver. He probably drove by those 3 gas stations at the turn to hwy 64 to clayton, nm. He probably thought hey I can make it, it's only 76 miles or so. He didn't.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the link. I'm very excited to see this production!
me too.

Look forward to checkin the e-harley out. Local harley dealer doesnt seem to care though.. .rather unfriendly, to be honest. so I wonder if Ill ever see one lol

Sad really... I get it, this isnt their demographic...but would it hurt to branch out to the non-doo rag wearing riders like me? :)

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
me too.

Look forward to checkin the e-harley out. Local harley dealer doesnt seem to care though.. .rather unfriendly, to be honest. so I wonder if Ill ever see one lol

Sad really... I get it, this isnt their demographic...but would it hurt to branch out to the non-doo rag wearing riders like me? :)
If they don't (reach new demographics) the company will die, literally, as their (traditional) customers are dying off.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks like they made it.

looking forward to the show.

I literally came here to post the same thing from another source.