• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting place to spot a Rivian....

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a video that popped up the other day that makes some interesting points. BUT we'll all know soon enough what the Tesla is actually going to be, the unveiling is scheduled for Nov. 21.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d like to see this with the front seats all the way back. I’m 6’5”, my F150 looks like that with the seats all the way back.
I can cross my legs behind the drivers seat in my GMC with the front seat set where I drive. I'm 6'2" tall. It's snug, but I can do it. Rode in the back of an F150 the other day and it was comparable to my GMC. Wondering how well that Rivian shot was framed.

Here's some more marketing video. Truck takes a pretty big hit in the sand at one spot.

Rivian R1T electric pickup traveled 314 miles on a charge, releases video off-roading - Electrek

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pretty sure when you compare full Crew cabs (not the double cab or quad cabs) Ford is still about 3” larger than the GM and Dodge offerings. Toyota is second biggest. I’m not trying to split hairs, but I need all the rear seat room I can get. I am patiently going to wait for Ford and Tesla to see what they offer. I just think this is something the EV makers need to remember about pickups, that they are still used as tools not just a status symbol of sorts for the suburb crowd. If Ford does the drive train correctly they’ll give Tesla and Rivian a run for their money. And as mentioned somewhere Ford has invested in Rivian so they might share some technology.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty sure when you compare full Crew cabs (not the double cab or quad cabs) Ford is still about 3” larger than the GM and Dodge offerings. Toyota is second biggest. I’m not trying to split hairs, but I need all the rear seat room I can get. I am patiently going to wait for Ford and Tesla to see what they offer. I just think this is something the EV makers need to remember about pickups, that they are still used as tools not just a status symbol of sorts for the suburb crowd. If Ford does the drive train correctly they’ll give Tesla and Rivian a run for their money. And as mentioned somewhere Ford has invested in Rivian so they might share some technology.
Quick Google search brought up 2016 cab sizes.
Screenshot_20191117-154411_Chrome.jpg
To me, the Rivian seems more comparable to a Tacoma. I don't see it competing with those needing a full size truck. It'll be interesting to see if the Tesla lives up to the hype. Whereas the F150 is already proven platform. If like you said, they get the drive train right, they'll be one to beat.

If any can manage to match the Duramax, Super Duty, or Cummins, that will be an interesting contention.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tesla pickup reveal day!

My kids are more excited than me I think. lol

10 am central i heard...

EDIT!!!! I lied, its 10PM? wtf :p

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tesla pickup reveal day!

My kids are more excited than me I think. lol

10 am central i heard...

EDIT!!!! I lied, its 10PM? wtf :p
10pm Central? Any links to watch it live?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not yet.... just go straight to tesla they usually live stream their own stuff....

try this link (it says maybe though lol)

Tesla Pickup Truck: How To Watch Cybertruck Livestream Reveal
Thanks. Saw the Maybe on that link as well. We shall see.....I'm going to attempt to stay awake that long tonight to watch. Been a rough week. I might not make it.

Interesting the two different takes on the truck from these two renderings on the eletrek page you linked above

I'll take a lot more the left image than the right. The right just looks, well, terrible to me.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Saw the Maybe on that link as well. We shall see.....I'm going to attempt to stay awake that long tonight to watch. Been a rough week. I might not make it.

Interesting the two different takes on the truck from these two renderings on the eletrek page you linked above
View attachment 108314

I'll take a lot more the left image than the right. The right just looks, well, terrible to me.
Here's another couple renditions... I think most images out there right now are artists concepts. I'll bre watching tonight. I wanna see what the thing actually looks like...
truck-4.jpg
The-Tesla-electric-pick-up-truck-mystery.jpg
tesla-truck-render-with-ram.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Lord I hope it's not the 3rd one. That is D.U.M.B.

The second one isn't great. Reminds me of this--> Isuzu VehiCROSS - Wikipedia

The first is over stylized, and likely to "edgy" for Tesla (they like smooth curves).

At this point I'm not ruling anything out though, so hard to tell what they have in mind.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
looks like its got a long light bar in front... lol

View attachment 108314

same...

I rarely make it through a whole television show. Maybe 45 is the new 65? :eek:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The third one is the Telsa Garbage Truck! YIKES!
Lol! I expected to see another shot with Matt Damon climbing out...
180525-martian-630x372.jpg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, after seeing that acid trip on wheels I think Elon might have finally unlocked the “Howard Hughes Eccentric Billionaire Achievement”. Someone get him Kleenex boxes to wear around his mansion....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, after seeing that acid trip on wheels I think Elon might have finally unlocked the “Howard Hughes Eccentric Billionaire Achievement”. Someone get him Kleenex boxes to wear around his mansion....
100% agreed.

That was a painful to watch presentation of an awful product.

Knew I should have bought Rivian stock before this reveal.

I'm going back to bed.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its crazy weird. I legit thought he was punking us... like theyd remove the outside and a something was under it lol :winkingthumbsup" Laughed HARD at the glass breaking. I could almost tell that was about to happen.... someones in trouble.

My son (16) had ZERO negatives. LOVES it. This Tells me that Elon doesnt care about us old guys that think a truck is a truck.

But, The more Ive looked at it, and let go of that notion, while looking at it through a more youthful lens, the more I kinda dig it. Watching a vid of it going down the street outside changed my mind a little. Something out of a sci fi flick. Sliding bed cover, still having the glass roof... rad.

Reminded me that Automobile styling and design has stagnated over the last 20yrs... Its Not often someone moves that needle. Musk just ignored the needle. lol

Also, The value and functionality are undeniable. Assuming it can do what it says. 14000lb tow rating.... 500 mile range. 2.6 second 0-60....

LOL at the windows breaking. You could almost feel that was about to happen. I'm like... "duhhhh dont do that"

It'll sell a bunch.. will it outsell the f150? nah. not within this generation. Musk was swinging for a completely different demographic than me and I think he hit it.

The 17 yr old kid in me that has always wondered why cars never change, and why they dont look as cool as the concepts at car shows kinda wants it as a toy..

Rivian looks more viable to me.. well see I guess.

I WILL buy that quad though.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Exoskeleton idea is cool. Except i wonder in a crash what that means having the "frame" destroyed first.
I get he is trying to be new, different and shocking. Truth of the matter is you gotta turn up the heat slowly or the frog jumps out the pot.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exoskeleton idea is cool. Except i wonder in a crash what that means having the "frame" destroyed first.
I get he is trying to be new, different and shocking. Truth of the matter is you gotta turn up the heat slowly or the frog jumps out the pot.
yes! well put. I was a frog, I jumped out when I saw it.... but now i'm looking back at the pot like I wanna get back in lol

on a crash ending its life as well. Much remains to be seen, but I like new thinking too.. How do you know if you dont try?

Historically, over-innovation brings public negative feedback. But true innovators dont care and press forward. Time will tell.