• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

intermittent engine starting

My perfect pass has been acting up, I initially thought the battery issue was causing this but now wondering if the PP isn't the culprit,

still trying to make it work in my head how the port engine can fire and run, try to start the starboard and get nothing, immediately go back to port and now that doesn't run and won't until I disconnect the battery cables and then they both work ???

still wondering if there is a common connection somewhere behind the dash or since PP is linked to both engines if that's the problem,

anybody know what the circled item is, white box with orange top? my PP is wired into it ( I took power from the speedo gauge which was removed for PP install )

perfect pass connection edited.jpg

My perfect pass has been acting up, I initially thought the battery issue was causing this but now wondering if the PP isn't the culprit,

still trying to make it work in my head how the port engine can fire and run, try to start the starboard and get nothing, immediately go back to port and now that doesn't run and won't until I disconnect the battery cables and then they both work ???

still wondering if there is a common connection somewhere behind the dash or since PP is linked to both engines if that's the problem,

anybody know what the circled item is, white box with orange top? my PP is wired into it ( I took power from the speedo gauge which was removed for PP install )

View attachment 180065
Looks like the plug that went to the speedo. It doesn’t plug into anything? Just hangs there?

Looks like the plug that went to the speedo. It doesn’t plug into anything? Just hangs there?

yes, just hangs, that sounds like the right answer, thanks,

I’d take pics & notes, disconnect PP totally and see if yer problem continues.

We took the boat out last Friday for about 4 hours of tubing, multiple engine on/offs without a single problem,

Perfect pass still doesn't seem like it's functioning 100% so I'm going to continue to monitor/troubleshoot it,

thanks for the help and if the no start returns I'll update this thread,

We took the boat out last Friday for about 4 hours of tubing, multiple engine on/offs without a single problem,

Perfect pass still doesn't seem like it's functioning 100% so I'm going to continue to monitor/troubleshoot it,

thanks for the help and if the no start returns I'll update this thread,

I have replaced both servo motors over the years. I wonder if they are drawing a ton of juice at startup cycle??? The motors run hot but when they went bad they were smoking hot. Just a flyer.

and the no start returned,

I had the PP servo still disconnected, I hooked the battery up for a test start for a trip the next day, no crank or even fan,

switching over to different battery, assuming the disconnect/reconnect was going to work, it didn't

then for some reason decided to touch the boat wires to the battery post instead of the screw on adapter, fan came on each time I tried it,

removed the screw on adapter to find
20220718_205712.jpg
the slightest film of corrosion on the inside of the adapter,

went to autozone bought a new adapter, boat fired right up,
drove it 4 hours on/off the next day with no issues (PP servo was still disconnected, I had actually forgotten about it)

Back