• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intro from Kansas

Adrenalinejunky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I have been reading posts on here for a while and finally registered about a week ago. The wife and I bought our first boat last week and have been out twice for a total of 3.5 hours on the engines. It has been pretty windy around here but I had to get out and get us both some seat time before boating season gets here and the lakes fill up with obstacles. I have two sons who will be ages 3 and 5 this summer. This boat is my attempt to fill our free time with positive activities away from the house and far from the television. Who knows, maybe they will never even ask for a video game once they get started with the water sports.

I have looked at boats for many years but the 242 Limited S E-Series is the first one I have ever seen that actually motivated me to want to buy a boat. Momma and I talked and decided to go to demo one. I am pretty sure none of the other boats were even an option once she saw it in person and even before we climbed aboard. This was pretty surprising since as far as I knew she doesn't like boats. We do not have a Yamaha boat dealer in our state so we made several trips out of state and talked with many dealers across the country.

Thankfully our search is over and our new family cruiser is safe and sound here with us at home. Thanks for all of the information you guys have posted up and I am looking forward to making a contribution from my own experiences. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you are in the Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri area or anywhere else for that matter. I would expect to spend some time at our local lakes for short outings but the majority of our time will be in Oklahoma. We plan to explore Kaw, Grand, Table Rock, Ozarks, and Beaver along with many others within a 5 hour drive.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the club @Adrenalinejunky and congrats on the new boat. You're going to love how boating can bring a family together.

Reactions: Gym

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat. Your family will enjoy it.

Adrenalinejunky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome. I am counting on being on this boat as a family until my boys start driving and don't want to hang out with Dad any more.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You will love your new boat.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome. I think your boys will want to hang with Dad as long as you pull them around and have all their friends on board. You're going to make a lot of great memories.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Badass boat! Welcome to the club and happy boating!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet boat !!! Come to the table rock gathering !!!!

Adrenalinejunky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, I bet the boys stick around for a while.

The Table Rock gathering is definitely a possibility. It will all depend on my work schedule but I think it would be really great to participate in an event like that as long as you guys can take it easy on the rookies...

Adrenalinejunky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a shot of the family from our first time on the water. I noticed that if you look close you can even see the tow vehicle sitting in the lot in the background. 0000 Family in Boat.jpg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! Boat is Sweet!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet boat @Adrenalinejunky! You'll love the time you get out on the water with the family.

We'll be up on Beaver and Grand in the end of June if you're out and about.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

I lived in Derby from 2008-2013, great town. I bought my boat after I left KS but we spent a lot of time at ElDorado lake, I had my camper at a site all summer there.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome. I am counting on being on this boat as a family until my boys start driving and don't want to hang out with Dad any more.
They will want to drive the boat long before they think of driving a car!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congratulations on the new toy! Perfect ages for the boys to start, too. Wish I had one that early in life. You folks are going to have a blast!

Adrenalinejunky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So far the worst part of owning a boat is all of the work days between the weekends

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and family too. Let the fun begin ;)